Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-08-2004, 05:56 AM   #22
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: iron butt

From what I understand the Iron Butt orginization has some pretty specific rules about excessive speed and hours on the road, the whole rally being more like an enduro with checkpoints and times instead of outright speed.

There's an editorial on the last page of the latest Motorcyclist magazine about some punk-bittch writing an artical about speeding and wheelies and what-not on an Iron Butt run, then getting his award pulled for violating the rules.

He then goes on to bad mouth them up one side and down the other. Typical adolescent ass-munch. Join an orginization, violate the rules, get censored, then complain to everyone you can find.

This girl did great, even if she doesn't know the differance between Puget Sound and the Pacific Ocean.

Oh what the hell, they're both salt water.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 05:59 AM   #23
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Rachel

Rachel puts a lot of time in to helping out for wmrra, my racing club. she seems pretty amazing to me. her bike is ugly tho.

how she does what she does on a monster is a mystery to me. but she seems to love it. i don't believe she is behaving in a reckless manner.

women, my 95 pound 49 your old wife included, bring a fantastic element to motorcycling.

my wife is proud of rachel and what she has accomplished on a motorcycle. she feels a bond with her and the other women at the track that i envy. an all women's track day is a sight to behold.

my wife consistently tells me she rides and participates in track days for reasons that are different than the reasons i race. i don't know what she means, but i am happy she is there. i had a recent high speed get off and while she was really upset at the hospital, at least she understands why i am getting my other bike ready to go for the august races even tho i have to take vicodin just to take the marchesinis off the wrecked bike.

distance riding is a mystery to me. i asked one of my buddies why he did iron butt stuff. it seemed to me that sport touring and racing like i do was infinitely more fun. he told me it was his mount everest. i think rachel feels the same way.

be excellent to each other. and party on.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 07:00 AM   #25
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Political B U L L S H I T

LOL!

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 07:34 AM   #26
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Girl and Ducati Monster Ride Coast to Coast in Under 50 Hours!

She rode a Ducati Monster? So, 50cc stands for 50 hours coast-to-coast then. Too bad, I was really impressed there for a while. But anyway, thats no way to enjoy motorcycling. This Ironbutt riding seems to be more about personal endurance than about riding a motorcycle.

Don't bother trying to explain it to me, I'm never going to get it.

But, I doubt it's anymore dangerous than anything else. I'm sure anyone willing to endure long hours in the saddle at what seems to me to be great personal discomfort knows exactly what they are doing or they wouldn't do it!
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 07:37 AM   #27
mile_eater
Founding Member

Girls who Iron Butt rule. I'll be raising one for this girl tonight. God Bless ya darlin'!
Old 07-08-2004, 07:42 AM   #28
Tigercub
Founding Member

Why?

She would have posted her name if it mattered to her how she wished to be addressed.

Boy
Old 07-08-2004, 07:45 AM   #29
Tigercub
Founding Member

Speaking of girls doing amazing things on motorcycles whatever happened to Jennifer Snyder the Harley Davidson Pro-Singles dirt track rider?
Old 07-08-2004, 07:47 AM   #30
Haird
Founding Member

Amazing. And here I thought 600 miles was a long day.
Haird is offline   Reply With Quote