Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-08-2004, 05:05 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Political B U L L S H I T

It's only absurd and off topic if it's not liberal. Very simple.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2004, 05:07 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Girl and Ducati Monster Ride Coast to Coast in Under 50 Hours!

Sounds like the title of a 50's horror movie.

Old 07-08-2004, 05:20 AM   #13
TuneREX
Founding Member

So, how impressed will all you morons be when this exhausted, caffeine-addled two-wheeled missile causes an accident? Maybe an accident that kills your kids?

The first rule of long distance riding is that you pull over and get a good night's rest when you're tired.

But these Iron Butt assholes don't care. They are absorbed in their "challenges" and "acheivements". Even truck drivers are supposed to get a set number of hours of rest every 24, and there's a reason for that.

TuneREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 05:26 AM   #14
Birdo
Registered Member

Great post and subsequent recognition. Just *maybe* she deserves to be called a "woman," not a "girl," eh?
Birdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 06:03 AM   #15
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Dude, lighten up. The sole purpose of that fake email is to ***** off the rabid anti-Busher on this site who wants to hijack every single topic. I think you can figure out for yourself who that is.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:03 AM   #16
SRMark
Founding Member

In response to your "How impressed would you beÂ…" About as impressed as I would be if a vacationer fell asleep at the wheel trying to get to the hotel after 10 hours on the road. About as impressed as if a golfer hooked a ball through the windshield of a passing motoristÂ’s car. About as impressed as if I blew out a tire on my bicycle doing a 60 mph descent down a mountain road. Not everything is sanitary and not everything need be boring. Adventure, no matter how small, is the flavoring we get to put on our otherwise dull existence. Fortunately, we get to live in a society that permits some risk taking. Michael Moore be damned, we still live in a free-ish society. Go do something challenging now before people like you make it impossible to do so.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 06:10 AM   #17
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

How's this?
Old 07-08-2004, 06:56 AM   #18
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: iron butt

From what I understand the Iron Butt orginization has some pretty specific rules about excessive speed and hours on the road, the whole rally being more like an enduro with checkpoints and times instead of outright speed.

There's an editorial on the last page of the latest Motorcyclist magazine about some punk-bittch writing an artical about speeding and wheelies and what-not on an Iron Butt run, then getting his award pulled for violating the rules.

He then goes on to bad mouth them up one side and down the other. Typical adolescent ass-munch. Join an orginization, violate the rules, get censored, then complain to everyone you can find.

This girl did great, even if she doesn't know the differance between Puget Sound and the Pacific Ocean.

Oh what the hell, they're both salt water.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 06:59 AM   #19
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Rachel

Rachel puts a lot of time in to helping out for wmrra, my racing club. she seems pretty amazing to me. her bike is ugly tho.

how she does what she does on a monster is a mystery to me. but she seems to love it. i don't believe she is behaving in a reckless manner.

women, my 95 pound 49 your old wife included, bring a fantastic element to motorcycling.

my wife is proud of rachel and what she has accomplished on a motorcycle. she feels a bond with her and the other women at the track that i envy. an all women's track day is a sight to behold.

my wife consistently tells me she rides and participates in track days for reasons that are different than the reasons i race. i don't know what she means, but i am happy she is there. i had a recent high speed get off and while she was really upset at the hospital, at least she understands why i am getting my other bike ready to go for the august races even tho i have to take vicodin just to take the marchesinis off the wrecked bike.

distance riding is a mystery to me. i asked one of my buddies why he did iron butt stuff. it seemed to me that sport touring and racing like i do was infinitely more fun. he told me it was his mount everest. i think rachel feels the same way.

be excellent to each other. and party on.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 08:00 AM   #20
schizuki
Founding Member

LOL!

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote