Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-15-2004, 12:37 PM   #51
Bob_in_NJ
Founding Member

Default Maybe but...

....size doesn't really matter. At least that's what my girlfriend tells me. Is she just trying to spare my feelings?
Bob_in_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2004, 12:47 PM   #52
gforces
Founding Member

Default Re: Pocket-Bike Debate Resolved in SF

Did it taste like KFC too?
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:09 PM   #53
gforces
Founding Member

Default What about the motorized wheelchairs?

There's an old couple here where I live (Milpitas, CA), and they ride this motorized trike that barely goes 30 mph, just like the pocket bikes. It would be difficult to see if it didn't have the bright orange flag or lights/signs on it--but since it does have all that stuff on it, I reckon it's relatively safe. They ride it in the bicycle lane.

The problem is making them illegal is the easy fix. The idiots riding them probably don't care for voting, and since they apparently don't even have enough money for a real bike or car, they're not going to fight it anyway. At the same time, the politician uses it to make themselves look like they're getting their job done to the rest of the public by getting rid of this "nuisance".

I think they need a lot of things to be made street worthy--like 4-stroke motors (do you know how much pollution (air and noise) a weed whacker motor makes? Imagine a third of all people on the street on one), better lights (head, brake, signal, etc.), specified safety items like reflective triangles on whips much like ATVs out on the sand dunes have to have. Making them street worthy would jack up their price so much that it would kill them anyway.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:22 PM   #54
gforces
Founding Member

Default Re: HA! you think you have it bad?

I was amazed when they passed a law to make children wear helmets when bicycling. When I was a kid, I ate it so many times on my ol BMX bike pulling 5-8 foot airs off of dirt jumps I just couldn't believe this law.

However, now that I am scared of getting hit by soccer mom on her cel, I wear one when I ride my mtn bike--but that's MY CHOICE.

Kids are smart, they'll wear helmets if they're doing dangerous stuff. After some pretty painful falls trying some pretty Xtreme stuff, I would've donned one if it were as readily available as they are today. There's no need to make them law. They see their fav X games stars wearing them, so heck. Believe me, no one will make fun of you if you are pulling 5 foot 360s off of a curb.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:24 PM   #55
ewok1
Founding Member

Default sex with a pocket bike

wot's it like?
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:38 PM   #56
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: HA! you think you have it bad?

When I started sleeping with a gun under my pillow she soon became my ex-wife. :-p My current wife hasn't found it necessary in the 10 years we've been together to do anything to injure me. God bless her!
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 03:47 PM   #57
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Sean if you set those suggested speed limits to your idea of what constitutes a safe speed you will probably kill off most of ebass's constituantcy, thereby destroying his chance for a second term. But then, if the new Mrs. Alexander finds out about those stripper inpections you won't get too many of those yellow signs changed before your impending neutering reduces your desire for high speed cornering anyway. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 06:45 PM   #58
obandoj
Founding Member

I say good riddance,we as motorcyclists have enough problems with cagers, politicians and do-gooders of all types trying to outlaw our sport, to have to put up with a bunch of uninsured, unlicensed and untrained, no to mention irresponsible punks, getting killed on these stupid things! Talk about an image problem, the "others" do not care if the problem is caused by a Harley, a sport bike, a scooter or one of those Pocket-Bikes, to them it's one of "those murder-cycles"
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 06:55 PM   #59
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: sex with a pocket bike

Pretty good for two strokes. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 06:56 PM   #60
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: sex with a pocket bike

Is she a goer?