Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-15-2004, 07:01 AM   #21
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: Well, its about damn time...

Samething here in Oklahoma City. We see them mostly on residential streets. I'd bet if they made it to a main road they'd be nabbed.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2004, 07:13 AM   #22
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: HA! you think you have it bad?

Uh oh. Now you've touched on a sore spot of mine!

Of all the times I crashed my bike from jumping everything I could find to going way to fast, downhill, on pavement, the only scars I have (and there are many) are on my knees. The scars I have on my head are from being thrown on my bed by my big brother when I was 2 yo and from 26 years later when my then wife grabbed me by the hair and slammed her knee into my forhead.

What can we learn from this? Seems to me that living life is a dangerous prospect at best. Maybe it's time for another mass suicide. Congress are you listening?
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:17 AM   #23
axnels2
Founding Member

Default Re: HA! you think you have it bad?

Maybe Tatd should wear a motorcycle helmet when he is around his wife.
axnels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:21 AM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Pocket-Bike Debate Resolved in SF

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed -- and thus clamorous to be led to safety -- by menacing it

with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." -- H.L. Mencken
Old 06-15-2004, 07:42 AM   #25
ebass
Founding Member

My proposed pocketbike law would be this. Make pocketbikes street legal, but force riders to sign a waiver that stipulates that they are fair game to be run over by larger vehicles without fear of legal retribution. Sort of like the waiver I sign when I go to the track, skydiving, etc.

I believe fervently in our God-given right to do stupid and dangerous things so long as we accept responsibility for our stupid and dangerous behavior and so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else (unless they're as stupid as we are, in which case you get a Darwinian twofer!).

MOrons, based upon this "Tacitly Condoned Suicide for the Stupid" platform, you may feel free to exercise your write-in vote for President on my behalf. C'mon! Who's with me!!!

TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!!!
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:00 AM   #26
Tigercub
Founding Member

I want to hear from emergency responders - those brave, dedicated folks who pack victims into ambulences and clean up the bloody mess after the collision. Do you think these micro bikes should be allowed to run free on public roads?
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:03 AM   #27
ewok1
Founding Member

Default why not you

it seems better to give it to the insurance industry and let them design a safe pocket bike.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:31 AM   #28
pdad13
Founding Member

Alas, poor ebass, the lawyers would stab your plan to a sure and bloody death. Just about anything can be challenged in the courts, especially these days. That waiver you sign at the track, skydiving, etc. most likely would be putty in the hands of a clever lawyer. Just as your proposed waiver for pocket bikes. Sad.

It's always someone else's fault. Haven't you learned that yet?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:32 AM   #29
pdad13
Founding Member

Oh, and can I be your campaign manager?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:58 AM   #30
HighsideHarry
Founding Member

As a life-long resident of this tumor-of-a-city, as soon as I saw this article in the local rag, I thought to myself, "Oh-Oh!"

What's next? Is my R-1 suddenly going to be deemed, "..too dangerous.." for my use? Will I be limited to riding only on freeways (or what's left of them after the locals decided to tear most of them down) or will the politicos throw another bone to the insurance industry by allowing them to put up another thousand stop-signs in addition to the 5000 already present?

It's all well-and-nice to look after the mouth-breathers that ride these pocket-bikes, but amongst the car-haters that infest this city, sport bikes could and may be the next target in your town.

Are you ready to stop riding yours?
HighsideHarry is offline   Reply With Quote