Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 05-28-2004, 10:33 AM   #51
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: You know if it ain't meant for the street....

My feeling is that they look like a helluva lot of fun and I'd love to give one a spin, but they absolutely do not belong on the road. People in cars have enough trouble seeing full-sized motorcycles. Would you pass an SUV or a truck riding one of these things?

I draw the line when I see the likely and overwhelming potential that a third party could get hurt as a result of these things being on the road. They could be the cause of many accidents, and riding a 12" bike in traffic is just not a reasonable risk to take for anyone involved. Keep em' on closed courses where they belong.

Oh, and what excellent investigative reporting done by the CC Times. What the hell are they doing using this bonehead with the suspended license as the subject of their interview? Good point above, the guy should not be on the road period.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2004, 12:40 PM   #52
dsouthard
Registered Member

Default Re: 'Pocket bikes' below radar, not above law

Wow, three of us (I'm in Brentwood). Was MO running a CC discount or something?

The pocket bikes are bad, but not quite as obnoxious as the (kinda fat, very silly looking) XR50 guys who do wheelies on the sidewalk outside the coffee shop.
dsouthard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 01:13 PM   #53
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: You know if it ain't meant for the street....

"Would you pass an SUV or a truck riding one of these things?" Well if you were late on the brakes you might bonk your forehead on the rear diff of an SUV...

12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 05:30 PM   #54
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: 'Pocket bikes' below radar, not above law

Everytime I hear a lawn mower I get a grin on my face. 4 horse Bonanza framed Briggs would smoke all my buddies Mini trail 50's. Then a buddies dad had enough and got a short bonanza frame and shoe horned a 5 horse in it. About 1/4 inch clearence between the sparkplug wire and the frame but it fit. That was one squirrly little ride, no brakes and no suspension, shook worse than an old sporty but it was fun.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:20 PM   #55
daveroadj
Registered Member

Cool Pocket Bikes

Wow dod not know all of this about pocket bikes thanks for all the info guys! I want to purchase a 2007 Fire Bolt, I am a new rider any info or guidence for me??
Below is the link to a cool site that has this bike, please let me know.

MotorcycleConnect.Com - 2007 BUELL XB12R

Thanks Dave.
daveroadj is offline   Reply With Quote