Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 05-27-2004, 12:18 PM   #31
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: OK you guys that don't like helmet laws, what do you say?

Yeah. It would be even funnier if there actually were any such comments that you claim to have read.

Well, maybe you did 'see' them. Hallucinations are apparently part of your particular mental defect.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2004, 01:04 PM   #35
sjriott
Founding Member

Default XR50's

We haven't seen many pocket bikes but they did basically make it illegal for kids to ride their gas powered scooters around.

Then there is the XR50 group that cruises around my town. A bunch of guys that can ride wheelies forever on their modified 50's. I caught them one day on my Vmax and asked them what they do when the cops pull them over. They said, split in all directions, go down bike paths, through peoples yards, parks, etc. I love watching these guys.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:19 PM   #36
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Actually your comment was funny enough to merit reading a second time. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 02:28 PM   #37
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Of course he was refering to Mr Spoke, you know the one that attaches Mr Rim to Mr Hub? They all go together on the front of Mr Motorcycle. He hopes to buy one some day when Ms Mommy says it's ok. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 04:22 PM   #40
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: 'Pocket bikes' below radar, not above law

Too weird, something in my back yard for a change. Missed the article in the CC Times but had one of these S O B's doing laps around the block at 11:30pm last night. I felt like throwing out a handfull of roofing nails but seems like somebody beat me to it. Nothing like having an A hole on a chain saw buzzing around for well over an hour after midnight.

I almost flattened one the other day when they jumped off the sidewalk into oncoming traffic. I cant believe they arent impounded instantly by the cops (well stuffed in the trunk).

The Yamaha YSR 50 was IMO too small to be on the road and these things are half that. With SUV's on every square inch of the road your just stepping in line for the Darwin awards.

As for the Idiot in the article if you have a Suspended license, your not supposed to be on the road period! Am I missing something here? If you want to get around try a bicycle, most of the world have no problems with peddle power. As I type my wife just came in from her 24 mile round trip bicycle commute. Plenty of bike trails here in the concord area.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote