Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 05-05-2004, 02:51 PM   #1
JALacroix
Founding Member

Default Re: What to buy?

You need to figure out what you want in a bike. If you want a good all-rounder than the CBR is a great choice. If you want a great track bike get the GSX-R750.
JALacroix is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2004, 02:56 PM   #2
phalse
Founding Member

I would see if you can ride them and get some impressions.
phalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:12 PM   #3
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Pick your favourite color. You won't be disappointed.
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:33 PM   #4
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Unless you spend the majority of your riding time on a race track you might try a bike that is a little more real world friendly, and forget about the race replicas that you have singled out. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:56 PM   #5
Vlad
Registered Member

As others have commented, it comes down to what you want a bike to do. Most of the 600's seem a little frantic to me. They're not really street bike, rather they are race replicas. The only real exception to this is the Yamaha YZF600R. Yes, it isn't the latest and greatest, but it's a lot less expensive and is far better if you plan to do any distance traveling or commuting. If you want the hottest 600 for the track, that's a whole different enchilada. Honestly, the difference between them can easily be made up for by a good rider. So go with the one that you like the most. Remember that you can buy an SV1000 for the same price as a GSXR600, and the SV is a far better bike for all around use.

Vlad
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:57 PM   #6
Vlad
Registered Member

As others have commented, it comes down to what you want a bike to do. Most of the 600's seem a little frantic to me. They're not really street bike, rather they are race replicas. The only real exception to this is the Yamaha YZF600R. Yes, it isn't the latest and greatest, but it's a lot less expensive and is far better if you plan to do any distance traveling or commuting. If you want the hottest 600 for the track, that's a whole different enchilada. Honestly, the difference between them can easily be made up for by a good rider. So go with the one that you like the most. Remember that you can buy an SV1000 for the same price as a GSXR600, and the SV is a far better bike for all around use.

Vlad
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 06:04 PM   #7
schizuki
Founding Member

Your double-posting is thoroughly excusable when it's such a sensible post.

If I was shopping for a 600 race-rep, I'd head straight for the YZF600R. Great, under-appreciated bike. I bought a 600 Bandit instead only because I didn't want to fiddle with a radiator, and I knew Givi luggage would be easy to mount. But I still look at the "Thundercats" at the dealer's.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 06:10 PM   #8
HobbleFoot
Founding Member

How 'bout a Buell?
HobbleFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 06:21 PM   #9
daxdaway
Founding Member

I bought a 2003 Kawa 636, the blue one. With a matching opaque windscreen and Corbin seat, it is massive fun. I ride in Dallas, so I have to go through the city to get to rural roads, and all the city streets are hideously bumpy concrete. This is brings me to my only complaint about the bike. The ride is harsh, even with the comp. damp. all the way out front and rear. Once you get to asphalt, though, the smile cracks wide open faster than the throttle. Plenty of power, great brakes, an eye-turner... Good luck
daxdaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 06:38 PM   #10
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default I agree

I've been eyeing the silver and black YZF600R myself. It's all the bike I could ever need.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote