Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 05-06-2004, 03:51 PM   #51
ashuping
Founding Member

Default Re: What to buy?

I've ridden a few of the Jap sportbikes and find most of them uncomfortable for me at 45 years old. However, I recently bought a ZZR600 and love it. More than enough power for the street and comfortable enough to ride for more than fifteen minutes without getting a stiff neck and sore wrists. If the bike is mostly for the street, look at the Kawi ZZR600 or Yama YZF600R. Both great choices for very little money.
ashuping is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2004, 03:56 PM   #52
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Armani'd and dangerous

"every GIRL'S crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man"
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 04:02 PM   #53
Hipshot
Registered Member

Aw what the hell...forget the japcrap and get a Harley. Then you can sneer at them little plastic tinker toys and rumble off into the night. Say, what if you took your F4 engine, warmed it over a little and stuck it in a Buell frame? Now that's a fine thought.
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 04:35 PM   #54
westcork
Founding Member

...and then you can take the sportster engine and drop it into your old CBR frame and call the XB6 Freighting Dolt.
westcork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 04:45 PM   #55
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Armani'd and dangerous

I just pissed myself.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 04:57 PM   #56
Vlad
Registered Member

The SV1000 was a real dog in sales. I don't know why. It's a very fine machine. But Suzuki has dropped it from their line up in 04, with the SV1000S remaining. However, there are many 03 SV1000 and SV1000S bikes remaining at the dealers, last I heard. I had a chance to put about 200 miles on an SV1000S and I was thoroughly pleased. It almost, but not quite, caused me to give up the VFR.

Francis

Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 04:59 PM   #58
Vlad
Registered Member

My apologies about the double post. I would be riding a YZF600R except it's not a great two up distance mount.

You're dead on. It's an under-appreciated bike.

Francis
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 06:06 PM   #60
zzzwillzzz
Founding Member

you poor guy! 90% or more of the previous posts have not come close to answering your question. why would all of you tell him to buy a yzf600 when he already has a F4, that's a step sideways if not backwards. just because most of you want more comfy real world bikes doesn't mean the rest of us do, some of want pure hardcore sportbikes and are willing to give up comfort for speed, handling and style.

the four bikes you've chosen would be the four that i would look at buying if i were buying a new bike. you cant go wrong with any of them. i like the 636 'cuz it seems like the dealers are trying to get rid of them and the money you save could go towards the suspension which seems to hold it back from being just about perfect. the r6 is my favorite 'cuz it seems to do everything well and is the best looking. both gixxer's are great as well although i'm not into the bigger bikes myself, i just don't see the point of all that wasted potential. so buy whichever one you like best cuz they're all 30 seconds a lap faster than you
zzzwillzzz is offline   Reply With Quote