Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 05-05-2004, 07:50 PM   #11
tomhorn
Registered Member

Default Re: What to buy?

If it makes any difference, the Gixxer 750 is the last representative of a dying breed: 750cc superbikes. It was and is such a great bike that it outclassed its competition and, as a result, rendered itself obsolete by forcing the rules change raising the displacement limit to 1000cc. But that's just my opinion.
tomhorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2004, 09:16 PM   #12
MRALLCAPS
Founding Member

Default I SAY:

YOU SHOULD TOTALLY FORGET ABOUT THESE LITTLE *****EZ BIKEZ AND GET THE ZX10R. I USTA LIKE THE GSXR1000 BECAUZ IT DOES REALLY GOOD WHEELIEZ AND MY COUSINZ HAD ONE BUT NOW THEY SOLD THEIR GSXR1000'Z THAT THEY HAD AND BOUGHT THE KAWIZ BECAUSE THEY TOTALLY DO BETTER WHEELIEZ AND THEY ARE THE FASTEST BIKE OUT THERE. I DON'T KNOW WHY I LIKED THE SUZUKI- THEY ARE TOTALLY LAME.

THE GUY WHO TAKEZ MY BRAIN AROUND, GABE, SAID THAT TRIUMPH MAKEZ A REALLY COOL BIKE CALLED THE SPEED FOUR THAT'Z REALLY FUN TO RIDE AND PULLZ KILLER WHEELIEZ PLUS IT'S REALLY CHEAP (HE GOT HIS FOR UNDER $6000 OUT THE DOOR) PLUZ IT'Z COMFORTABLE AND HAS REALLY GOOD SUSPENSION. HE ALSO SAID YOU COULD GET AN R6 BECAUSE HE SELLZ THOSE TOO.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY A SUPER EXPERIENCED RIDER LIKE YOU WOULD WANT A GIRL'Z BEGINNER BIKE LIKE A GSXR-600 ANYWAY.
MRALLCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:15 PM   #13
jaypuck
Founding Member

well, if this is ever seen by you...

dallas? texas? I've really been looking to find some people to ride with here and it's been hard to find riders that won't hassle me for not keeping up with 100+ mph speeds all the time...you out there? anyone?
jaypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:28 PM   #14
Nplateau
Founding Member

Screw everything else. Get a Ninja 250.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:16 AM   #15
xlr8r
Founding Member

The bikes you suggest are virtually indistinguishable from each other. It's like trying to choose between a Big Mac, a quarter-pounder with cheese, a whopper and a double bacon cheeseburger. Why don't you step outside the motorcycling fast-food shop and find something with a different taste? Buy a Guzzi, or a Buell, or a KTM. Or dip into the wonderful market of ten-year-old bikes and buy a wing or a glide, cheap. If you don't like it, sell it again - but how will you know what you like until you try it?
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:28 AM   #16
IceWorm
Registered Member

Go over to your local BMW dealer and ask if they have a riding club. Every Beemer club I have been associated with welcomes other brands. What you will brobably find is a mixture of age groups and I would bet you will have no problem connecting up with some competent, fast, safe riders in the Dallas area. I did just that many years ago in Baton Rouge when I was riding a GS 850G. I now ride a DL1000 and still ride with them.
IceWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:50 AM   #17
IceWorm
Registered Member

Default Need More Info

You gave us very little information upon which to base a recommendation. You say you "came from a Honda CBR 600 F4". What the heck does that mean, you rode your buddys F4 a few times? You had your own F4 that you crashed after a month? Your old F4 just could not keep up with your advanced riding skills? May be you just got bored with the F4. If that is so then a new 600 will probably bore you too, and it will happen faster than before. I like the SV1000 idea, provided you actually have some riding experience. You do have some riding experience, right?
IceWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 03:57 AM   #18
dynamos2000
Registered Member

I just got a CBR600RR last week and I love it. If this is gonna be a second bike for you, I would pick whichever one, they all rock.

If its gonna be your only bike? The F4, no doubt....but thats only because you didn't mention the 599
dynamos2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 03:58 AM   #19
dynamos2000
Registered Member

Sorry, you mentioned you came from a F4... hell, pick a bike
dynamos2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 04:38 AM   #20
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Mr. All Caps has it right: Triumph Speed Four.