Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-13-2004, 03:22 PM   #1
unpaved313
Founding Member

Default Re: Anthony ''Go-Show'' Gobert

First Post! Wahoo!

Probably not the thought that was running through Go-Show's mind though...

I'd ask just what the heck he was thinking, but given his behavior over the years, I'm not sure he's capable of conscious thought...

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2004, 03:51 PM   #3
ender
Registered Member

Default Re: What Motorcycling Racing needs is a racing team like the old Oakland Raiders

I am an Officer in the U.S. Navy. I WOULD lose my job if I got a DUI. Personally I don't see much difference between firing a gun into a crowd and driving drunk; they should both carry a severe penalty.
ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 04:12 PM   #4
mps165
Founding Member

Gobert is a professional, and as such his actions on and off the track reflect his organization (Erion and Honda). His irresponsible behavior driving while intoxicated is not the behavior any responsible organization would would tolerate. If I got a DUI outside of my job, I would get fired as well. I agree with Honda and Erion and hope this sets an example for other people.
mps165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 04:44 PM   #5
pdad13
Founding Member

He ain't an accountant. I imagine that Honda has every right to be sensitive about this kind of thing. He represents Erion/Honda. What does it say when you have a drunk driver riding your motorcycles at 190 miles per hour?

I'm sure there was some kind of morals clause in his contract that covered things like this.

Fact is, most of us can get fired for millions of reasons. Most of us don't have contracts; we're "at will" employees, which basically means that they can hire us at will or fire us at will (with certain limitations).
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 04:49 PM   #6
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: What Motorcycling Racing needs is a racing team like the old Oakland Raiders

After seeing Aaron Yates' feeble attempt at "whooping some ass," Al Davis would never have him.

Jeez, the guy looked like he couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time. How the hell does he ride so good? He's a freakin' dork.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 03:07 AM   #9
grubz916
Registered Member

Default I can't believe I'm about to say this but...

KPaul, you're not making this easy but I have to partially agree with you. Its refreshing from time to time to see a rider, or any person for that matter, who flushes political correctness down the loo. I'm not condoning what he did, since the consequences can be quite grave and not just to him, but having grown up watching the likes of Barry Sheene, Joey Dunlop (who could never resist a pint), Gary Nixon, etc..etc.., a little antisocial behavior is welcome nowadays. Fkuk the establishment and show your colors from time to time! Any sport suffers if you take away that element of naughtiness, whether its bike racing, hockey, basketball, etc.. In any case I don't know kind of punishment Erion should impose, but it shouldn't be more severe than what Yates got for his spaz attack.

BTW, FTR, I would not lose my job explicitly because of a DUI, since I don't drive for a living. But it would make my personal life much more difficult having a suspended license, which would certainly carry over onto the professional side affecting my performance, and possibly my employment.

Oh and one more thing, I'd love to see them two race against each other, just as long as Gobert pisses in Yates helmet, just like he did to Hodgson at the Czech GP eons ago.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:34 AM   #10
SparkyBlue
Founding Member

No brainer business decision for Honda. Gobert's actions were bad news. Tolerance for dumb jock bahavior seems to be waning....good
SparkyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote