Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-29-2004, 02:24 PM   #31
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Land of Milk and Honey

You can't hang in Cali, baby. Sure we have our downs, but have you SEEN our ups? Hundreds of miles of coastline, beautiful mountains, and lush valleys. Not to mention the cosmopolitan metros, world class dining and eclectic cultures. Top to bottom, Cali is where it's at. Besides, in the dead of winter, when much of the rest of America is hurting from the cold, we Californians can ride our motorcycles out to the beach and have a picnic.

Oh, and about the commie infested hell hole, have you even heard of Orange County? Not like your capitalism is making anything better, but maybe you should spend a weekend out here in the beautiful sun before you decide you hate Cali so much.

Do you live in a land locked state? If you do, that sucks. I couldn't do it. Come on out here and experience highway 1. You may never want to go back.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2004, 02:29 PM   #32
derekb
Founding Member

Default Re: Riding through the Chernobyl ''Dead Zone''

That.......Was...........Fantastic.

I like this woman!
derekb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 02:32 PM   #33
derekb
Founding Member

Radiation Detectors. Which is best for bike
derekb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 04:48 PM   #34
GogglesPaisano
Founding Member

Default Re: I'll pay for her first year.

I'm on it.

I'll be keeping tabs on this one.

-=Goggles=-
GogglesPaisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 05:18 PM   #35
Logan01
Founding Member

Default Re: Stupid Left Coast...

Well, I grew up in California, and I enjoy almost all of the articles about it. I sometimes wish I still lived there.
Logan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 06:01 PM   #36
Chango
Founding Member

Default Re: Land of Milk and Honey

Actually, the real motorcyclists don't let sissy things like a -15 degree windchill keep them off their bikes. The sissies live in "Cali" just so they can keep riding during the winter and then brag about how they "rode through the bitter cold of winter." California ain't that great.

Chango.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:05 PM   #37
dominatr37
Founding Member

I actually saw this a few weeks ago, then her site went down and someone else was mirroring it. But she's back now,and she added a bunch of photo's. Awe inspiring to say the least~!
dominatr37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 06:08 PM   #38
cal_wrx
Founding Member

Default Re: The article

I got the impression she had access to the place because she is a scientist. Her research projects and contacts allowed her to gain the permits needed get through the guarded roads. That is my guess anyhow.
cal_wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:52 PM   #40
bluesman_ip
Founding Member

What fascinating me folks (being Ukrainian and native Kiev habitant; ) is that all of you still call everything over Poland border - Russia....amazing....

Chernobyl is in Ukraine, country that about 50000 sq. km bigger than France and that actually have it's own language and culture, despite because of usual (and normal) situation with unifying own identity of Ukraine was supressed...

At this time it was still USSR, whish is again not just Russia....

It is Ukraine and Belorussia that suffered most of it, and somebody down the thread gave extremely correct description of what has happened - very stable design in hands of "easy going" bunch of people controlling station, people who did disregards safety measures during not even "extreme test", but regular re-start load /test!!!

BTW - MO, I think she did great piece, and I'd be proud to see such representation of our moto-society overseas
bluesman_ip is offline   Reply With Quote