Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-24-2004, 11:24 AM   #41
Haird
Founding Member

Default Re: Heaven and Hell

zehr vehr tsvie peanuts valking down za strasse ... und vun of zem vas assaulted ... peanut ... heh-heh
Haird is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2004, 12:07 PM   #42
Haird
Founding Member

Default Re: Please, all of you dear people, ride...

Not precisely a flame, since I see your point, but ...

It seems to me that engaging in pursuit of or directing deadly force at a fleeing vehicle actually increases the chances that it will become a dedaly weapon as the miscreant abandons whatever rationality he or she may still possess in an increassingly pannicked attempt to "escape." While the perpertrator may or may not deserve their fate in such a situation, the innocent bystanders who may be injured certainly do not. In this case, certainly, the bkers paid a higher price than the car thief/accused child abuser, and it's hard for me to avoid wondering if they might have been spared if the cops had dropped the hot pursuit and put out an APB on the guy.

Also, as a practrical matter, I wonder what kind of deadly force can conveniently be applied against a moving vehicle that would not also endanger bystanders directly or by causing the vehicle to go aout of control. Just curious.
Haird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 06:11 AM   #43
sanitar
Founding Member

Default Re: Child abuse suspect hits and kills 3 bikers

I second that. Unfortunately, he may live as a vegetable, since they mentioned brain injury, in which case he won't know what happened, and we'll be paying for his nursing home.
sanitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:43 AM   #44
anrajala
Founding Member

I am a bit sceptical here.

What was exactly that "alleged child molesting"? Has this 19yr old hapless vegetable been hanky-panky with some 15yr old Britney Spears wannabe behind the bicycle shed? If so, did he get to the second base or not? Anyways sweet dreams kid, you'd better not come back.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:03 PM   #45
Logan01
Founding Member

Well... flame me as well, because I agree with F451. For any 19 year old to do these things and destroy his life.... it's sad. Yes the others involved should get our sympathy as well, more so even.
Logan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:00 AM   #46
DaveFla
Founding Member

Here's some updates:

Des Moines Register

Lincoln, NB Star Journal

Respects to all y'all that want to go Alan Alda touchy feely about this poor 19 yr old. But I'm thinking the world might be a better place if this guy'd been fatally shot at one of the two police roadblocks he evaded.</p>

He'd have had a better chance than the people sharing the road with him at 1 am, while he ran with no lights.</p>

DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote