Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-14-2004, 11:37 PM   #41
HDGoose
Founding Member

Default Re: If you select the right President-interesting concept...

No one who respects themselves will enter politics. Why would a respectable family man do that to his/her family. And, popular votes have little to do with electing a US president anyway.

Since retiring from the USMC in 1999, I have figured out that too many Americans are fat lazy idiots that would live in a box as long as someone feed them beer and peanuts. Too many would not stand up for themselves if they thought they might get hurt, preferring to slither into the dark corners avoiding conflict.
HDGoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2004, 06:56 AM   #42
Andonyx
Registered Member

Default Re: Bike ban on Fed highways?

Well, done. I'm glad somebody pointed this out. While I'm sure AMA conributions are always welcome and usually a good thing, panic about this measure is unwarranted. Basically the TEA bill is simply extending equal access priviledges to all street legal motor vehicles as they always have been. Nowhere in the bill or in any record related to this article has someone suggested banning bikes on fed highways. There's something fairly dubious about the way this is presented.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:48 AM   #43
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Bike ban on Fed highways?

A website acting like a normal newspaper or each evening's news broadcast? Hyperbole is a way of life in our information age.

Old 03-15-2004, 10:18 AM   #44
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: If you select the right President you won't have to worry.

>associate and side with outright liars,

>imposters, and zealots

From the same source

Zealous = filled by "zeal"

Zeal = passion

I'm sure at the end this will all make sense

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:14 AM   #45
Pacer
Founding Member

Nadar has no chance to win, but either do you. It will be business as usual with either major party. The fact that another choice exists is the point. Corperate America rules what happens, and they create a faux free economy. You will do exactly as they say (on a marco scale). As time goes on the big eat the small until there are only big. This is what you should be afraid of.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:15 AM   #46
Pacer
Founding Member

Default Re: A vote for Nader is a vote for Bush

I may be throwing away my vote, but I question if it matters anyway. By the way there is no real hero to vote for, take the blinders off.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:31 AM   #47
Pacer
Founding Member

Here are two links that I question if I should put up, but an educated person can make up their own mind of what they believe and what they don't. They may be far fetched, but maybe not. Heck, many Germans thought that Hitler was a great leader.

http://www.infowars.com/

http://www.prisonplanet.com/031104darksecrets.html

Don't let "them" dumb us down. Read about more than just motorcycles (or any hobby), keep up on current events, and get your info from different sorces (easy with the internet).

Okay, I am off the soap box.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:05 PM   #48
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: The Truth for Dummies

Anyone who thinks any one news source, especiallly Fox, is authoritative, is an idiot. Read the damn papers, and check your facts. You will find that a good part of the stuff that you hear on talk radio is, in actual fact, unverifiable and would not pass muster with any professional journalist (You know, verified by a second source, reference material that anybody can check on for themselves, etc.) There is probably a reason that no one else has the story.....It's bull*****!
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:35 PM   #49
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Longride help!

Post something! Anything! So the infernal political thread will cease!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote