Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-08-2004, 09:09 AM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: You think you're cranky? Comparo?

I think you should shut up about 85 degree weather before I send the Mormon Mafia after you.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2004, 09:13 AM   #22
Buzglyd
Founding Member

He he he. I rode the 100 miles home on the coast from SmeLLA to paradise. One could see Catalina Island clear as a bell across the Pacific. The offshore winds lead to excellent surfing and many of California's finest were obviously ditching work to ride a few waves.

Should I continue?

Uh oh, there's a knock at my door! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:16 AM   #23
RonXX
Founding Member

Default Re: So you wanna move to San Diego?

Wow, I guess the FZ1 will become a commuter with prices like that. I'm glad the Jetta gets 45 mpg, I would go broke if she was driving an Expedition. I will be in the Navy out there, so I doubt that I will have the time or desire to work any more than I already do. Well maybe I can move somewhere cheap when I become a civilian again. In the mean time, I'll try to enjoy the ghettofied apartment that I can afford.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:20 AM   #24
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: So you wanna move to San Diego?

I live in Carlsbad which is near Camp Pendleton. I see lots of Marines who have weekend jobs and such.

Maybe it helps keep the young jarheads out of trouble but I'm sure much of it is to help make ends meet.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:26 AM   #25
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: 4 Bikers wiped out around Daytona

How many drivers will killed last month during the Daytona 500 festivities? We love to mix babies and bathwater, apples/oranges and what ever else will add flavor the to the press.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:32 AM   #26
RonXX
Founding Member

Default Re:

Hmmm....Although I see your point with the above examples, I think a completely relevant example would be mandatory seat belt use. Undoubtedly, seat belts save lives. Sure there are the isolated cases where the person was actually hurt by the belt, but that is usually due to an improper adjustment or other strange situation. You don't hear car drivers ranting and raving about freedoms and rights and such when they get a ticket for not wearing their belt.

I don't want anyone telling me what to do, but sometimes you need to be realistic about what a law is meant to achieve and how far 'The Man' is going to take that law. Without those same seemingly intrusive government regulations you would have a hard time doing lots of things, what I don't know exactly, but I'm sure someone has some example!
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:36 AM   #27
travisyoung
Founding Member

Default Re:

that's why I always wear a full face helmet in the shower
travisyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:39 AM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Car drivers

You don't see the cagers complaining simply because they aren't motorcyclists. They are sheeple!

Old 03-08-2004, 09:51 AM   #29
SRMark
Founding Member

I rode 150 miles of West Virginia back road bliss yesterday in 60 degree splendor. Woke up to 4 inches of white ****e this morning. Take another look out your door for me. I need a tissue.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:00 AM   #30
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I rode about 250 miles Saturday on the Duc in the mountains East of San Diego. There was a nice blanket of snow covering the burn areas on either side of the road. You could look down into the desert and see it was clear and 80 degrees and I was crunching through the snow.

Snow is pretty when you could ride out of it and go back home to warmth.