Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-07-2004, 09:44 AM   #1
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Squidbait

Not my cup of tea. But hey it beats arm chaps. I am surprized that the cruiser guys don't go for colored tires Maybe the standard blackwalls and whitewalls is enough for them.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2004, 10:06 AM   #2
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

I think it's kind of cool although I would have doubts about whether a re-tread would have the same grip and handling characteristics as the latest brand-name sporting tires. Re-treads are a great value on an 18-wheeler, perhaps not worth the risk on a high-performance motorcycle? I guess somebody will have to test them alongside the Pilots and Diablos and Battlaxes and Rennsports and see how they stack up. I suppose for the poser on the stretched and chromed Huyabusa it wouldn't matter, however.

This is not altogether new as colored motocross tires have been available for some time now. MX bikes look really sharp with color-matched tires in my opinion.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 10:21 AM   #3
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Where's the test article?

Ok, guy's you haven't posted a new article in over a week. How's about a test of these here new tires!

Yea Haw!!
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 10:41 AM   #4
wrecks
Founding Member

Default Ya but are they any good?

If they're good tires, I say why not?
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 10:42 AM   #5
KPaulCook
Banned

Default That's not how it works

First you have to kiss longrides butt, and then submit an article preferably about Harley's or critical of squids, Hondas, helmets. Then and only then can you make a suggestion to the staff to write something new.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 11:25 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Oh dang. They don't make any 18" tires. I guess I'll have to forgo buying the purple ones.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:51 AM   #7
SuperBill
Founding Member

Colors. What a great idea! Now I can finally get black tires to match my black SuperHawk! Whoo-Hoo!
SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 12:08 PM   #8
Agent0090
Founding Member

Default Coming Soon to a Pep Boyz Near You . . .

Tires are all that's between you and the road. Maybe that will keep demand for the motorycycle tires down some.

But for all those Neon/Civic/Cavalier drivers out there who crave illuminated windshield washer nozzles, three-foot high spoilers, and rims that move when the car stands still, this could be THE Next Big Thing. Stay tuned.
Agent0090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 12:11 PM   #9
picouc
Founding Member

get a steering damper instead...
picouc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 12:13 PM   #10
dominatr37
Founding Member

Worst thing about these, besides how tacky they look, is that they are retreads. I wouldn't use those on a 4 wheeled vehicle, never mind a two wheeler. I saw a booth for these at the International show in Manhattan thsi past weekend.
dominatr37 is offline   Reply With Quote