Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-01-2004, 07:39 AM   #1
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: Aaaah - Ain't that sweet?

Very lucky for Mr. Shipwreck, on both counts, she looks very nice
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2004, 08:15 AM   #2
sarnali
Founding Member

Sounds like a lucky guy, I wonder how you get 6 inchs of handlebars with grip stuck in your gut without major organ damage? must of hurt.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 08:37 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Depends on how thick the "accessory organic belly padding" is. Since he rides a Harley there's bound to be plenty!

Still, it would be nice if these newbie Harley guys would at least learn basic riding skills and get some experience before risking passengers lives.

"Lost control" and crossed the center lane, huh? A euphemism for incompetence is there ever was one.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:40 AM   #4
DeadVFR
Founding Member

Where is the Highwayman?! This tale can only truly be told with his special type of biker-erotic melodrama.
DeadVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 10:18 AM   #5
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Don't complain to much seruzawa. Turning loose these would be candidates for Darwin awards on 700 pound bikes tends to act as a modern mechanism to clean up the gene pool. The same arguement would also apply to those foolish enough to hop on the pillion behind them. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 01:48 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

You are, of course, correct. I just pray that they ride on roads other than the one I am on at any particluar moment.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:41 PM   #7
nomad76
Founding Member

Default Man, absolutely no sympathy

This guy coulda hit gravel, slipped on oil, been clipped by falling rocks, frickin' got hit in the face with a bird -- you don't know how he lost control, especially on a mountain switchback. Quit acting like you're the gods of two wheels.

And besides, we all know squids on sportbikes are more dangerous than weekend warrior crusier types, anyways!
nomad76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 02:41 PM   #8
vnsfxr
Founding Member

Let's see lost control in a corner drifted over the line, hit oncoming traffic and survived. The ghost of Darwin must have been sleeping that day.

Not only is he very lucky, he's also rather irresponsible. Forgot what kind of bike he was on and endangered his Fiancee`.

Hopefully he is one of those who learns from his mistakes!!! No sympathy from me.
Old 01-01-2004, 04:25 PM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Man, absolutely no sympathy

You are right and I feel duly chastised.

However I still bet it's better than even odds that it were operator error that done the deed. How do I know? Personal experience. All my crashes have been my own stupid fault. Even the one that the police investigator said I wasn't at fault on. And no one was ever harder on me after a crash than myself.

I am glad the guy survived and he'll be a much better and wiser rider from now on in any case.
Old 01-01-2004, 04:53 PM   #10
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: Man, absolutely no sympathy

The only problem is that now that they are getting married, he is going to replicate himself. Pick up truck drivers will be in great danger in about 16-18 years from now
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote