Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 11-24-2003, 09:02 AM   #21
rhust
Founding Member

Default Re: Wake-Up Call for South Dakota?

You think the people of SD actually voted for Jankoff? I heard it was a bunch of dead floridians who voted in the last vote-by-mail for SD... Instead of boycotting Sturgis, why not ask him to attend the rally as a sort of good will gesture. We could convince him it would be great for his image, placate his cycling voters, so to speak. Then, once he's there, we announce his arrival, tie him up and suspend his naked, painted-blue ass 10 feet in the air and take turns practicing jousting on bikes with cattle prods. About what he deserves...
rhust is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2003, 09:23 AM   #22
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Why a boycott would be effective?

It's the threat of the boycott that is effective. The influx of people into Sturgis means the state of SD get lots of tax revenue. Fines during Sturgis go to fund the schools. By threatening a boycott, it puts real pressure (lost tax revenue) on the state politicians to make sure that Jackloff is treated like an average citzen no better no worse.

The man was killed riding a Harley. I would think that the brotherhood would be united in honoring this guys memory (a Vietnam vet I believe) by boycotting Sturgis to ensure justice is done
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 09:50 AM   #23
runner00
Founding Member

Why isn't MO questioning the AMA as to their approach on this matter? Isn't this what the AMA is all about ? If the AMA can not protect motorcyclist

who can ? Hey MO where's the info ????
runner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 10:19 AM   #24
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Now it's my turn

Most people here spend lots and lots of time telling "them" what "they" should do about this situation. I have to ask "What have YOU done"? What letters did YOU write? What people have YOU contacted by phone? What was YOUR contribution to this mess? For a full 95% of you I can safely say "NOTHING"! The Harley people need to do this, and the AMA needs to do that.....blah.....blah...blah. How about each of you getting off your own asses, and writing and calling the people that can have some influence on this case instead of worrying yourselves who is going to show up to Sturgis this year? I know who I wrote, who I called, and what I did, and I bet it made 100 times more difference than crying about what OTHER people SHOULD do. It doesn't matter if the guy was on a Harley or Honda or whatever he was riding when he got run over by an idiot. Something needs to be done, and people need to use their voice for something besides hearing themselves talk. Quit waiting for someone else to act and get in the game. They bet you individuals won't do anything and my money is on them. Wake up and make yourself heard BY THEM.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:44 AM   #25
DataDan
Founding Member

we hate Janklow and it's obvious he's not in jail because of money, power and connections

He's not in jail because he's out on bail awaiting trial on a charge of second-degree manslaughter. I suppose that is "because of money" in the sense that he has enough to post bond. Power and connections probably don't have anything to do with it, since most accused criminals are granted bail.

Doesn't it seem a bit hasty to threaten a boycott before the criminal justice system has taken its course?
DataDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 12:38 PM   #26
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Actually, I have suggested ....

In addition to threating a boycot. I suggested have the AMA file a wrongful death suit for the family of the dead rider. In addition, I suggested folks write SD political officials and I have already. Now what are you, Mr longride, and the gray pony-tailed brother hood going to do? A boycott of Stugis would get the attention of the public

Old 11-24-2003, 12:40 PM   #27
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: seruzawa is either way young or dumb as a rock.

Being attacked by one of Kook's buddies can only be considered a compliment.

Thank you.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:51 PM   #28
maladg
Registered Member

DataDan makes a good point. It is awful early to get out the pitchforks, muskets and hangin rope. Justice just may be done. If not....that is another story.

Boycotts seem so, well..."Jesse Jackson". On the other hand, other than assisting the AMA, et. al., to buy billboard space to get the msg out, I don't have anything better to suggest.

If a boycott is to be done and useful, it really should wait until the trial is over - if there is a trial.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 12:56 PM   #29
KPaulCook
Banned

By threatening a boycott, it puts real pressure (lost tax revenue) on the state politicians to make sure that Jackloff is treated like an average citzen no better no worse. We have already seen signs via the evidence allowed at trail that he may already received special treatment.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:58 PM   #30
KPaulCook
Banned

Default It's a threat of boycott after the trail if he gets special treatment.....

By threatening a boycott, it puts real pressure (lost tax revenue) on the state politicians to make sure that Jackloff is treated like an average citzen no better no worse. We have already seen signs via the evidence allowed at trail that he may already received special treatment.