Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 11-23-2003, 01:35 PM   #11
nitrofly
Founding Member

Default Re: Wake-Up Call for South Dakota?

What does sturgis have to do with motorcyling?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2003, 02:00 PM   #12
SparkyBlue
Founding Member

Isn't Sturgis a fish or somethin? As for Janklow, people get the leaders they deserve.
SparkyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 02:22 PM   #13
SRMark
Founding Member

To boycott Sturgis, I'd first have to give a rat's ass about it. I ride alone, thanks. Just get the guy to trial. Let SD do the right thing and they can keep the HD's. I bet they even keep that jerk.

SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 06:09 PM   #14
obandoj
Founding Member

I say boycott the rally, it will send the most powerful message to the poeple of that state and it will hit them where it hurst the most! Right in the pocketbook. it will also send a very strong message to everybody out there. You can not kill a biker and get away with it, we are a force to be reckoned with.

It is very sickening to hear about a biker getting killed by irresponsible cagers, and they only get a slap in the wrist, this are times when all of us, regardless of brand preference, should stick together.

As far as Jackoff, they should take some of the organs that he has left, and hang him from them, you know which ones I'm talking about.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 05:10 AM   #15
jotto
Registered Member

Default Does South Dakota really want Janklow?

I hate to say this, but the former Soviet Union actually had a better system for electing their officials. In their elections, the winner had to capture the votes of a majority of registered voters. In other words, they could vote "None of the Above." Methinks that with such a system Janklow would have been forced into another type of work. As it is, the people of South Dakota probably have about as much choice as the people of my state, West Virginia, which elects a carpet bagger named Jay Rockefeller every six years.
jotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 06:32 AM   #16
naco_traficante
Registered Member

Megaditto. Does anybody know if Harley has an official position on this death of a Harley rider in the Sturgis state ?
naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 07:48 AM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Does South Dakota really want Janklow?

Sounds great except for only having one party on the ballot.

How many of the "none of the aboves" ended up in the gulag?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 08:33 AM   #18
BobW
Founding Member

I don't give a fig about Sturgis either, but does it make sense to boycott a motorcycle event, thereby financially hurting people who are into motorcycles? Dismis an entire state because of one man's apparent failings? Scott was from Minnesota, as am I, but that doesn't mean I am going to war with South Dakota. Hell, its one of the last places in the U.S. where you can get away from all the people (except for THAT week in Sturgis).
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 08:43 AM   #19
bigjames
Premium Member

Default that would be a sturgeon.....same smell about now...

bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 08:52 AM   #20
bigjames
Premium Member

Default seruzawa is either way young or dumb as a rock.

You don't get it, from the sound of it you never will. Are you even old enough to vote. And if so, are you a registered voter? Do you even have a motorcycle drivers license? Own a trailer by chance? May be you think SD should name the intersection for A hole in question like Tennessee did the road their now deceased A hole killed his biker on....

One more thing, SD has 1 rep in the House, so yes, he represents the entire state, therefore has more clout than even their Senators because of the states low population making him thier only game in town in the US House of Representatives.

You have answered one question, you have not a clue what you are talking about and have not done your research.....that explains your simple (and I do mean simple) lack of understandind...
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote