Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 11-11-2003, 05:52 PM   #11
Vlad
Registered Member

Default Wee Short Legs

When I began riding, my legs reached the ground from the sporting bikes of that era. Now I may be fatter, but I am not shorter than I was. Now most sportbikes are taller than I would like. I realize the engineering need, but i would appreciate it if someone would tell me why the manufacturers make few bikes for those of us who are shorter. Are we, the vertically challenged, to be faced with riding cruisers or going through the arduous, and oftimes expensive task of shortening our bikes? Thankfully, Suzuki has provided shortening directions for the SVs. Maybe they'll start making sportbikes that those of us who have a 30 inch inseam can ride.

Vlad
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2003, 08:00 PM   #12
drthompson65
Founding Member

Default Re: Welsh Motorcycle Fatalities at Record Levels

Be nice to see the age group and CC size. From the "born again bikers" quote I would take it these are empty nesters purchasing big heavy weight cruisers and wadding them up. It's sad to see what fueled the bike rush of the last 10 years kill it off as well.
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 08:35 PM   #13
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: OK listen up Gray Pony Tails

Good point. I watched him in the parking lot the other day trying to make a sharp right out of the lot onto the street. He looked so awkward, I'm sure he will dump sometime.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 02:54 AM   #14
edward44
Founding Member

No surprise here if one takes a look at the Brit motorcycle mag line-up and I am amazed that such a small country can support so many glossy publications. Anyway, what strikes me is their manic, cult like adoration of the super sport bike and their encourgment of such loony behavior as sliding the bike into turns, knee down whenever possible, and one article celebrated the clown that hit 186 mph at night on a public road!

emcg
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 06:39 AM   #15
burtonsimmons
Founding Member

"Record-setting levels."

I mean, seriously - a jump of 7 or 8 fatalities is serious, yes... but 18 people choke to death each year on ball-point pens. (or something like that.) Does that mean we shoud have a zero-tolerance policy on pen-chewing? And blame this epidemic on untrained pen-users?

Don't get me wrong - I'm ALL for motorcycle riding classes. It's dangerous and difficult, and if you haven't got the skill to be riding your bike you should have picked something different.
burtonsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 01:05 PM   #16
Afterburner
Founding Member

Looks like "zero tolerance" was ineffective.

And doing "percent change" on such small figures is ridiculous. Obvious propaganda. My guess is it simply has been a bad year. Or maybe there were a lot more bikes on the road this year. Or more gravel on the road, etc.

I wonder if there will be backlash. Abe Lincoln said something to the effect of, "If you want a law revoked, enforce it strictly."

Afterburner is offline   Reply With Quote