Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 10-08-2003, 01:30 PM   #11
sjriott
Founding Member

Default Cycle News Article

I had just typed in a response when I found this on Cycle News. You guys were right. Here's the article.

http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=5468

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2003, 02:08 PM   #12
James_Brown
Registered Member

Default Re: Rossi Leaving Big Red?

I agree it is hard to picture Edwards going back with Honda. Honda already has Gibernau lined up to be their #1 if Rossi leaves.
James_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 02:50 PM   #13
giuliom
Registered Member

Rossi could win on a Vespa! I would like to see him on a Ducati, obviously (I am Italian), but he can win on anything. Last Sunday, after he went off course he started making up time at the rate of about half a second per lap!!! (or more like 710ths on some laps). Not on privateers, either, but on Gibernau, Hayden, Biaggi, etc., all people with bikes that must be either identical or very close to his. One had the feeling that with 6-7 more laps he would have come up on Biaggi. When the guy turns it on he is just awesome. He would have probably one so-so season (for him, meaning probably 3-4th at most in the final standings), while the bike gets tuned to his liking, then he would start winning again.

If I were Honda, I'd give him a whole boatload of money.
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 03:12 PM   #14
Mashuri
Founding Member

This will help prove once and for all if Rossi's name should be mentioned in the same breath as Lawson's. Eddie switched to the worst handling GP bike ever (1989 Honda) and won the championship. He didn't need a year of development or any of that crap. Oh, and he beat riders like Wayne Rainey, Kevin Schwantz, Mick Doohan, Wayne Gardner, etc., so it wasn't like there was a lack of talent. Let's see if Val has what it takes. I hope this rumor is true.
Mashuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 03:18 PM   #15
bryan_niles
Founding Member

I would love to see him on a yamaha. I know that yamaha has the bike to beat honda. They are missing that one thing and that is an exceptional rider like rossi to use the yamaha to its full potential.

yamaha fan for live

if he needs a tecnichian for a M 1 let me know I would gladly move to italy.

bryan_niles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 03:50 PM   #16
sarnali
Founding Member

If Rossi bails on Honda it'll be for Ducati or Aprilia.

Seeing Rossi on an eye-tie bike would make every race a national holiday in Italia, They'd role the pope out for it.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 12:58 AM   #17
snark
Registered Member

I suspect that if Val jumps to Yamaha it's because they've shown him something new that we havent seen. It could be green (as in money), or it could be a new moto for the next season that we aren't aware of.

If he moves to Duc, as has already been said, everyday will be a holliday in Italy.

mhw
snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 03:09 AM   #18
stogieBill
Founding Member

Kenny Roberts(Sr.) was the first rider that could dominate at will and "knew" that the fans didn't want to see a runaway race. We like to see the leaders dicing and swapping leads. I believe Valentino also knows this and has the talent to ride the wheels off of all of his current competitors. Ergo, the 1/2 second catch up laps on the last GP.
stogieBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 03:30 AM   #19
mconlon
Founding Member

Maybe the dude's just bored? Imagine running at the front at will, winning whenever you want, even making huge mistakes and being able to catch back up. No challenge, why not try another bike if the money's there? Although I'm surprised he's not going with one of the Italian teams. $hit, you'd figure the Italian government would help subsidize something like that...
mconlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 04:22 AM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Check This

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/moto/motogp/8406/