Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 10-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Kirk Overby killed in accident

Kirk Overby, one of the founders of off-road.com, was killed last Sunday night while on his Paris to Dakar replica 990 KTM Adventurer, when an animal ran into the bikes path, and Kirk was thrown from the KTM, and killed instantly. His wife Gail, was a passenger, and suffered life threatening injuries, and was airlifted via helicopter to the closest Hospital in Las Vegas. A quote from the Las Vegas police:"Las Vegas police say the two were on Calico Basin Road, north of State Route 159, when their motorcycle crossed a double yellow line on the road and then drove over sand and dirt. Both were ejected as they crossed rough terrain.Kirk Overby was pronounced dead on the scene, while Gail Overby was airlifted to University Medical Center."I knew Kirk from my association with Rick Seiman, when we covered the 2006 Baja 500 for ORC. Kirk was a very personable guy, who loved going fast across the desert in either a trophy truck, or a dirt bike. He will be missed by all who knew him. Say a prayer for his wife Gail, for a speedy recovery.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
motobriiz
Premium Member

Terrible news for any family. RIP Kirk and hope Gail recovers quickly physically and mentally. It has to be tough being the survivor.
motobriiz is offline   Reply With Quote