Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 09-06-2005, 06:43 PM   #21
ducmansr4
Registered Member

Default Re: Moto Guzzi V11 Sport Press Release.

The Coppa Italia is and will become a classic. They imported just 40 to the US and was only made in '04. With the included extra titanium cans and second ecu chip it proportedly puts out about 100hp. Plenty for me. Having ridden several bikes I have to agree that the V11 is the one to keep. There is just something about the Guzzi that says "this is what a motorcycle should be and feel like". I only have two now, the other being an SV1000s all tricked out, and would still be riding the Guzzi exclusively but the speedo cable went out on a 200 mile trip. The stock seat is very comfortable on the all day rides. More character in this beauty than all the rest. Very solid in the sweepers but takes a while to get it right in the tight stuff (58.6" wheelbase). The quality and parts list puts the S4R Duc to shame. If you want a super fun naked then perhaps the Aprilla Touno F, Brutale S or Benelli TNT is your best bet. But the Coppa Italia Cafe Sport will stay in the collection while these others come and go.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2005, 07:25 AM   #22
ducmansr4
Registered Member

Like all of our toys "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". You're in the minority on this on MOFO. Have you even seen a Coppa up close and personal? Better check it out again. You are generalizing. This one draws the crowd any where you stop. Even the hog nuts check it out with a smile.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:16 AM   #23
ducmansr4
Registered Member

The quality and standard parts are superb. The reliability better than most. It is however "Italian". The speedo on the V-11s is still driven by a cable from the transmission and they do break. My first one went out at 442 miles. This is a known weak link. The other (I have been told) is the shift paul spring although less troublesome. I recommend having a spare of each on board for the longer ride. The speedo cable is an easy replacement. Other than these, I am not aware of other problems that would interrupt a cross country trip.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:27 AM   #24
ducmansr4
Registered Member

Keep in mind that all new Guzzis come with a free two year 24/7 roadside assistance program which is better than the usual deal as it includes taking your bike to the nearest Guzzi dealer for repair.