Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 09-03-2003, 06:52 AM   #11
xlr8r
Founding Member

Default Re: Moto Guzzi V11 Sport Press Release.

Because it would be cheaper for you to buy a perfectly restored concours quality Le Mans I from 1978, which is what you really want. And why not? They still work, they're still good, and you can always put the brakes, tyres and stuff up to 2003 specs instead of 1978.
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2003, 07:37 AM   #12
dmoon64
Registered Member

redlmtt:

"As a long time Guzzi rider" what is your opinion of the quality of the new Guzzi's? I love the styling, but my nearest dealer is almost 100 miles away. What have you heard?

Thanks,

Dmoon
dmoon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 07:40 AM   #13
Tigercub
Founding Member

The style totally works for me! If I wasn't already aligned to two other marques I'd have to try one on.

Is brand loyalty a good thing? Maybe not.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 11:13 AM   #14
maladg
Registered Member

Last weekend I had the good fortune to put about 100 miles on an 02 LeMans in the N. Ga mts...Hwy 180, 17/75, Russell Scenic, etc. The owner rode my ST11 (aka The Fat Lady). While not exactly ready to borrow out of the old 401 just yet, I was impressed. Several years ago, I "babysitted" an 80's LeMans (for 10 months) for a friend who was at that time a naval aviator. Man, there is just no comparison. The 02 is a superior functioning bike in every way. If the new crowd at Guzzi US and Aprillia keep on improving things AND bring out a true Guzzi Sport Tourer....hmmmmmm.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 11:38 AM   #15
jlabate
Founding Member

Default Re: What is the difference between the bikes?

Looks like the Cafe has Ohlins front and rear and some carbon fiber bits.
jlabate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 02:24 AM   #16
redlmtt
Founding Member

To comment on the quality of the new bikes wouldn't be fair, as I've ridden them but not had to maintain them. I know there have been issues brought to light by some folks, but I don't know any bike that doesn't have them. Certainly the basic design works very well, but things llike paint bubbling on wrinkle finish cases would irritate some folks!

As to the V11 Sport series, I haven't been able to bring myself to buy one. The old Tonti framed bikes feel better to me.
redlmtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 04:01 PM   #17
BykerGeek
Founding Member

La Dolce Vita ! Ciao Bella!

Ok, Where do I sign up? I need a Guzzi dealer closer to here to go check one out.
BykerGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 04:38 AM   #18
mikeproctor
Founding Member

go to http://motoguzzi-us.com and click the dealers link. I'm in Indiana, me and a buddy went to Lewis Cycle in Tipton for a demo ride. I rode the Ballabio and he rode the V11 Cafe. We both really liked the bikes, but I also own an 03 Aluminium so I might be biased. My buddy has an BMW R1150R and he is thinking of selling it and getting a Guzzi. The beemer is nice but has no character.
mikeproctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 10:10 AM   #19
JBK1200LT
Founding Member

Moto Guzzi motorcycles are like an ugly child -they have a face that only a mother could love.
JBK1200LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:47 PM   #20
bmwclay
Founding Member

I have 5 bikes in the garage, a 1150 Gs, a R100S, Triumph Trophy, a Honda plus a 2002 Champange Gold Guzzi LeMans with titanium cans. If I could only keep one bike it would be the Guzzi. It's hard to describe, but real motorcycle, real character and real fun comes to mind. It's like my 72 Norton Commando only faster and trouble free. Gentleman's GT, reeling in the scenery and feeling the bike hammering through the sweepers like on rails.
bmwclay is offline   Reply With Quote