Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Congressman Crash Update V (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/2083-congressman-crash-update-v.html)

mce63 09-01-2003 09:10 AM

Re: Congressman Crash Update V

I don't know what SD laws are like but I hope that this type of information is admissible in court. It may not affect the conviction but may help support applying the maximum penalty.

mce63 09-01-2003 09:12 AM

BTW: Two first posts in a row. What luck!

F451 09-01-2003 09:29 AM

Janklow Meets Autopilot on Back Roads

I say we tie his hands behind his back, put him in his automobile driven by GPS autopilot, all the while letting him careen down the back roads until eventually "KAPLOW!" Of course we'll cordon off the roads to protect innocent people and let the farm equipment handle the rest.

RonXX 09-01-2003 01:30 PM

SCUM

mconlon 09-01-2003 02:00 PM

Draw and quarter the sucker---four bikes headed away from each other, chains, that same intersection... and leave him for the vultures after the event is over. Head on a pike as a warning. Time to "get medieval on his a$$."

SmokeU 09-01-2003 03:27 PM

I agree that he should be thoroughly beaten and dipped in salt. I live in SD and would certainly enjoy accompanying you on your way through!!

TatdNPrcd 09-02-2003 04:15 AM

While reading this article, that's the word the kept running through my mind but it was had an adjective preceding it.

FUC*ING SCUM

seruzawa 09-02-2003 05:52 AM

If you really believe that the penalty for beating up a US Representative would be less than a life sentence, then you've not checked out Federal Law all that well. There are any number of crimes that would be charged for such an act. More than enough to land you in jail for life. Try serving several sentences consecutively. Add up the sentences for every possible crime that beating up a Federal official could net you and you'll find you may be in jail for a couple of hundred years.

You didn't actually believe in equal treatment under the law did you?

cornercarver 09-02-2003 07:00 AM

This just seems like the increasingly common 'above the law' attitude that seems to come from more and more of our elected officials these days. The fact that he hasn't had any speeding tickets since 1994, shortly before his 3rd term as governor, proabbly has more to do with the fact that he either manipulated the system to avoid them, or maybe stopped doing his own driving. In either case, it is pretty clear that this guy routinely ran a stop sign at a blind intersection without so much as slowing down. That is not only stupid, but clearly criminal. A shame he didn't suffer greater injuries to teach him a lesson. You'd think that after the first near miss, he would have learned that just because it is a rural area, he can't rely on the improbability of an accident to keep him out of trouble. Or maybve he was workign on the theory that an accident is so unlikely that having narrowly avoided one in December, it couldn't possibly happen again.

Meanwhile, I've seen folks in California get tickets for slowing down to 1 or 2mph at a stop sign but not coming to a complete halt. Never mind that they had ample time to determine that the intersection was free...they must come to a complete halt, according to the law (can you say 'revnue collection?'). Unless you're a congressman, I guess. Recently, I got a warning for stopping at a stop sign, but not putting my foot down, as though you can't possibly stop for a second or two without putting your foot on the ground.

Welcome to a decade of revenue collection by law enforcement agencies in California to make up our budget shortfall.

Tigercub 09-02-2003 10:04 AM

How dumb do you have to be not to realize that even though you couldn't care less about someone else's life, you might get your own self killed driving that way.