Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   New Victory Sportbike? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/2062-new-victory-sportbike.html)

pplassm 08-22-2003 06:06 AM

This, too!

The_People 08-22-2003 06:29 AM

Re: New Victory Sportbike?

Electraglider,

That was probably the funniest thing you've ever posted.

-The People

maxriderdon 08-22-2003 06:40 AM

Re: Kingpin

Hey Buz,

Off topic but...

I just noticed your email address. I'm sure it's a fake email address but man is that funny. LOL. You may have something there! If I had a megawatt stereo on my ride I could play some sound effects too for some real good laughs. Pull up beside some bad attitude cager and simulate a 130db fart! LOL. I'm in a Friday mood! Ok my discussion is going south I will be quiet.

nokneedragin 08-22-2003 06:59 AM

A long time ago at a ralley far far away, I saw a Wing tooling around the ralley with a souped up stereo, playing a tape of a harley motor revving.

People just about fell over when he rode by.

anrajala 08-22-2003 07:41 AM

I really love that fish cutting board bolted underearth to protect the engine should a wheel fall off.

-cruiz-euro

Buzglyd 08-22-2003 07:59 AM

Seruzawa once made a comment a while back about my Ducati saying, "loud clutches save lives" so I incorporated his humour into my geezer glide fake email.

The funny thing is, it really gets people's attention. When I ride up next to someone with Audioslave or some such thing blaring you can bet I'm not in their blind spot anymore!

KPaulCook 08-22-2003 08:22 AM

Re: This, too!

Cool thanks man.

KPaulCook 08-22-2003 08:32 AM

Another Eric Buell? You gotta love this country

Isn't this how Eric started? I have to say that the Victory Engine looks much prettier than that there Sportser engine in the Firebolt. Love it. Tell the Polaris engineer we admire his innovation and ability to pull it off. This country is full of guys like this thats what makes us special i.e. the dream that starts in the garage turns into the next Apple, HP, Buell, etc. Even if 99% of these efforts never make to that level its cool people have the guts to thing out on the track for everyone to see.

kawazuki 08-22-2003 08:38 AM

Wow... This is kinda cool. It's a lot like the bike I've been designing in my head, basically taking a Yamaha Warrior and rebuilding it into a sportbike / streetfighter frame / body style motorcycle. I had the idea after I rode essentially that thing in a dream... Maybe it's a sign that I really should build it. I'm a bit concerned about the weight, though. Modern sportbikes (R1, etc) are in the 450 lbs dry range, yes? The Warrior is 600. Might make the handling a bit cranky. I'll have to see what can be done to lighten things up. I suppose even if it weren't a track monster it would be cool to ride on the street.

-Kawazuki

KPaulCook 08-22-2003 08:40 AM

I hadn't heard that. That's the best news I have heard today.

KPaul

closet Buell lover (someday I'll come out of the closet)