Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 08-20-2003, 05:45 PM   #31
layback
Founding Member

Default Re: Congressman Crash Update

I wouldn't be suprised if all he gets is a careless driving ticket. AMA should get involved but like someone said, they got much more stupid things to do.
layback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2003, 05:51 PM   #32
layback
Founding Member

That's the best idea yet!
Old 08-20-2003, 05:52 PM   #33
layback
Founding Member

yeah,right......
Old 08-21-2003, 01:49 AM   #34
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Cool looking colors though.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 04:22 AM   #35
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Bush lied Soldiers died

Nixon lied? Who died? Who was hurt? Boy, it sure was nice when you were gone. Glad to see you are stupid as ever. Can't say I'm glad you are back .
Old 08-21-2003, 04:25 AM   #36
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Just the facts

Hey Clinton bombing Yugoslavia for 83 days illegally didn't bother you? Oh, I guess since he just killed OTHER innocent people, that was cool. Does myopia run in your family?
Old 08-21-2003, 04:30 AM   #37
kowalke67
Founding Member

Default Re: Just the facts

Since when does an attempted assasination of an American President not deserve a significant response? If that was one of the reasons for war then good. It's just one more of many valid ones. Clinton should have responded to that when he was in office. Just as he should have responded much more significantly (to the scale Bush II has responded) to the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. From the fas.org site (http://www.fas.org/irp/world/iraq/956-tni.htm):

"Few Americans are aware of the true scale of the destructive ambition behind that bomb, this despite the fact that two years later, the key figure responsible for building it--a man who had entered the United Stares on an Iraqi passport under the name of Ramzi Yousef..."

and

"It is of considerable interest, therefore, that a very persuasive case can be made that Ramzi Yousef is an Iraqi intelligence agent, and that his bombing conspiracies were meant as Saddam Hussein's revenge for the Gulf War."

I guess getting a piece of a$$ (and not a very good one) was more important than investigating the bombing and taking care of business.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:49 AM   #38
kowalke67
Founding Member

Default Re: Bush lied Soldiers died

"Most folks are felling nostalgic for Clinton and his lies these days. Budget surpluses, Peace, full employment"

I don't think so. Polls and approval ratings suggest significantly otherwise. And that information comes from a liberal press that goes out of it's way to manipulate information toward its views. Just like the financial prosperity of the 90's cannot be attributed to Clinton the woes of the 2000's cannot be attributed to Bush. Economics are cyclical and, barring any obviously poor economic policy, ignor who is in office. The current state of our economy is a result of Sept. 11th and the burst of the IT bubble. Sept. 11th can convincingly be argued as an act resulting from Clintons incompetence in office (i.e. handling of the 1993 WTC bombing, neglect to effectively pursue Bin Ladin and other known and extreamly dangerous people, deal w/Iraq, etc.). The IT bubble burst had been building up for years, long before Bush took office. It was a false market based on hype and perceived potential that was never there.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:29 AM   #39
KPaulCook
Banned

Default The Iraq occupation is costing U.S. taxpayers $1 billion a week.

You make a compelling arguement. [b]However, fiscal responsibility and national engery independence are values that have definitely left the Republican party. </b.The IT bubble effects on the economy are overated, since most of the economy is overwelmly still bricks and motar not point and click. Yes the .com bubble was hype but you are reaching on that one. Once can also make an argument the Sept 11 attacks can be attributed to the Bush adminstration lack of a coherent Middle East policy. Ignoring the Israel-Palistine issue contributed as well. I am not defending Clinton but I am saying that this Iraq thing will cost Bush the election because he lied and soldiers died.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 05:32 AM   #40
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Saddam Hussein is not Bin Laden

You are confusing the issues here. Where is Bin Laden? Has Bush taken care of that problem? Iraq was unrelated to Sept 11. It was stretch and now everyone sees that Bush lied and soldiers died.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote