Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 08-20-2003, 10:47 AM   #11
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Congressman Crash Update

I am trying to resist a "rush to judgment" here but I would expect some rather slick maneuvering to occur. However, Congressman Janklow is entitled to the same due process that you or I would expect. Remember Randolf in your prayers should you be the praying type. I'll try to pay closer attention while driving my pick-up. What a shame all the way around.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2003, 10:48 AM   #12
grubz916
Registered Member

Default Amen

This phucker should have lost his licensce long ago. It's a sad state of affairs indeed when a politician feels he/she does not need to abide by the laws of the people they are sworn to represent. I hope an investigation (that names names) is done to shed light onto how he avoided license suspension after all those tickets. This $hithead ought to rot in prison!
Old 08-20-2003, 10:51 AM   #13
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

It was the fact that he did it under oath that caused him to be impeached. It's called perjury, and is a serious crime.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:53 AM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Just the facts

On Dec. 11, after seven days of hearings, a bitterly split House Judiciary Committee voted to recommend the impeachment of President Clinton. On a 21 to 16 straight party-line vote, the committee approved an article of impeachment asserting that Clinton committed perjury before Starr's grand jury. Later that day the committee passed two more articles, alleging perjury in the Paula Jones suit and obstruction of justice. The next day, it passed a fourth, alleging that Clinton abused his power.

Now what ya think?
Old 08-20-2003, 10:54 AM   #15
sherm
Founding Member

"need for speed", resonate with any of you MORON's? Not me officer.

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/arti...ow/news997.txt
sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 11:10 AM   #16
bigjames
Premium Member

If this SOB gets away with this murder, even after the Caddy's black box tells the cops what we all have a pretty good idea what it will, I say DON'T GO TO SD, especially next August..... Money is the only thing that will make them see any errors in their ways that may occur. If the former Governer and now Congressman can kill bikers and get away with it, I'll be damned if I will spend a single penny there...

If they put the SOB in jail, I say gather up as many folks as possible during Sturgis bike week head to the jail and just sit in the parking lot revving motors for about 15 minutes, then leave, he (and the other inmates) will get the message....if you know what I mean....

And then, the Christian in me, says forgive him (it comes with the religious territory I choose to live in), as he rots in jail for 10 to 15 or so.....but NEVER let him drive again....

BigJames
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 11:42 AM   #17
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Just the facts

I think lying to the american people in order to have our armed forces put in harms way, just so you can get revenge for daddy, and make a lot of money for your extreemly wealthy patrons is more impeachable, and more morally bankrupt than lying about a blow job.

Bring our troops home soon and safe.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 11:50 AM   #18
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Bush lied Soldiers died

Clinton lied ? who died ? who was hurt ? was Paula Jones hurt in the long run? I voted for Bush but in the big scheme of things I have to say most of Americans would say lying about sex in a highly partisan witch hunt led by Ken Starr is much less severe than lying about the existence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Most folks are felling nostalgic for Clinton and his lies these days. Budget surpluses, Peace, full employment
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 12:08 PM   #19
Phat_Vu
Founding Member

Default Re: Just the facts

Political cartoonists had a field day on the death of Richard Nixon a few years back. One cartoonist drew a grave with Richard Nixon on the toomstone. The commentary followed said "Here lies Richard Nixon". What will people say about Clinton after his death? Hmm.
Phat_Vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 12:43 PM   #20
KPaulCook
Banned

Great idea man.

As far as the Christian thing is concerned I would compare it to when Jesus got pissed when there were merchants in the temple (sacred place) i.e. Be angry but don't sin. If the congressman admits his error, makes restitution to the victims family and asks for forgiveness then it is time to forgive. IMHO.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote