Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 08-09-2003, 08:31 PM   #1
rider_md
Founding Member

Default Re: Gotham Motorcycle Classic Hits NYC!

damn im jealous... i wanna check it out. now this is MOron worthy news... well those of us close enough to check it out.

as for those of you in the Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia ... NYAH! NYAH! =)
rider_md is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2003, 12:19 PM   #2
obandoj
Founding Member

I wish I still lived in the area, it would be nice to attend, however, it will rain, just like it allways does in good old Gotham, if you don't believe me, check the weather channel, and I will be riding somewhere in sunny Arizona, ha ha
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:28 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

I think the proper description down there is "I will be melting somewhere in sunny Arizona".

Old 08-11-2003, 04:15 AM   #4
obandoj
Founding Member

Right now you have a very good point (117F.) But in October it will be perfect here
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 04:39 AM   #5
allbikesbiker
Registered Member

I'll probably go since I'm 30 miles from NYC, but, it better be good!
allbikesbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 05:00 AM   #6
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default New York, SmooNork!

I just got back from Sturgis in the the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. Lots of babes releasing the twins. Spent 10 bucks to get into Glencoe Campground and was amazed by the parade they hold there every night. Some folks just have a need to show their body parts. Unbelieveable!

Anyway, the Rapid City Civic Center was taken over by the great Harley Davidson Corporation as usual. Fantastic if you are a Harley fan and I am.

Rapid City Harley Davidson out on I90 hosted the Orange County Chopper folks and OCC boys seemed to be very popular with folks waiting in a serpenting line for hours just to get a signed OCC t-shirt. Most of the bikes they built on the Discovery channel were there to be seen and appreciated. As I was leaving the Fu Man Chued OCC patriarch and his son Sean were on top of the OCC semi throwing frisbees to the adoring fans. Crazy.

By the way, I rode all the way out there and all the way back on my 97' Electraglide Classic. Sure, alot of bikes were trailered but many were ridden. I also saw Goldwings being trailered, the truth.

I demo'd both the Buell Firebolt and the Buell Lightning. When I demo'd the Lightning, one of the guys on a Firebolt somehow launched his Firebolt off the road at the beginning of a bridge. The bike and this guy somersaulted through the air and then crashed . This guy was out cold and had lost his helmet somehow or other during his inaugural flight. He looked like he was seeing the light but he finally came around. Concussion and leg injuries but alive. I rode bake to the Harley demo site with a piece of the wadded Firebolt and told them what happened. To their credit, all were very worried about the rider and didn't give a hoot about their bike.

They didn't have the 1200 Firebolt or Lightning to demo but I saw both at the Rapid City Civic Auditorium. Beatiful bikes. The XB9R Firebolt I demo felt like I was flying through the air and this I wasn't used to at all. Seemed like you couldn't even see the bike while you ride it. Maybe that is why that guy crashed. I loved the Lightning though. I felt much better hitting the higher speeds on it. That bike is just plain elemental. I'll have one someday.

Sturgis is fun and you all should make it a trip next time around.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 05:23 AM   #7
SmokeU
Registered Member

Default Re: New York, SmooNork!

I demoed the Lightning when I was out there too. I loved it, I think it's going to be the bike to replace my Magna. I just spent $80 servicing the Magna, and I did it myself!! $36 spark plugs(the stock Nippon Densos were 10 years and 32,000 miles old and replaced with slightly cooler NGKs), $32 oil(Mobil 1 synthetic), and a $12 filter.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:37 PM   #8
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default SmokeU

I use the Mobil 1 15W50 synthetic that I get at Walmart in 5 quart container for $18. You can get most Jap bike oil filters at Advance Auto stores for about 4 to 5 bucks.

I sure would have loved to demo that 1200 Lightning but they were only to be seen in Rapid City as you know. That 900 sure hauls asss though! Did you notice all the Buells at the Rally? Mostly the older ones with the trellis frames.

Those new Buells are pretty nice bikes and surely you won't be disappointed. You will be buying an instant classic. They have an A1 company standing behind them all the way. Let us all know when and which one you buy. The 900 is quite a bit cheaper but the 1200 is the dream machine. Have a great day.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote