Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 08-06-2003, 08:29 AM   #31
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: what's the easiest bike to wheelie?

Nikki! Is that you?!?
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2003, 09:02 AM   #32
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: We're scraping the bottom of the barrel now

I reject your analysis. Case closed.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 09:44 AM   #33
Betamax
Founding Member

Stephano! Is that you?!? Where's my $20, you bastard?!?
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 11:38 AM   #34
triumph900
Founding Member

Can't be closed, as this is the Internet, and we have to argue, disagree, spout off, champion our opinion, denigrate each other, proclaim our bike THE BEST, yours the WORST, you suck, they suck,...and...BLAME THE HARLEY GUYS(or the Squids)!!!!
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 12:55 PM   #35
crankin500
Founding Member

Default You've obviously never ridden a CR500

Just hit the throttle in any of the first four gears. For fifth gear wheelies use the Buell method. I'm not saying the wheelieing (?) ability of the CR500 is a good thing, it's just really easy, usually too easy. It totally baffles me how Honda went so many years without a sport ATV for liability reasons and at the same time produced the ultimate death machine.
crankin500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 12:57 PM   #36
seruzawa
The Toad

I think it's all a plot by Osama bin Laden to dilute the patriotism of motorcyclists and taint our precious bodily fluids.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:53 PM   #37
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Ok, aside from the VFR, SV and Concours the easiest bike to wheelie BY FAR of all the bikes I've tested during my stint at MO has to be the un-corked Aprilia Tuono-R that I spent a couple days on last October. That thing was a RIOT! The only thing close so far was the standard Tuono that I spent two weeks with in April.

Someone else mentioned the Honda CR-500 and though it is very easy to wheelie, it isn't really a street bike, and when geared for road use, it becomes significantly less wheelie prone than it is with the stock 14/49 gearing.

Without reservation I have to say Aprilia Tuono is my favorite wheelie bike. (pretty much my favorite bike period)

Old 08-06-2003, 02:32 PM   #38
rider_md
Founding Member

Default Re: DUDE, I'M STOKED YOU AXED ME THAT

this was by far the funniest post.
rider_md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 02:32 PM   #39
Tweaked007
Founding Member

Depends on the speed, eh? My 99 R1 had snappy throttle response and was a cinch to wheelie in first gear. You could just lift the front anytime you wanted. However it was a little abrupt and if you weren't paying attention you'd be jogging behind it trying to figure out a way back on it the blink of an eye (GSXR1000 is the same, but worse). My Honda GT650 Hawk was probably the easiest and most controlled bike to wheelie in first gear though the Honda XR650L comes very close. [I have yet to swing a leg over the Tuono.] At freeway speeds (70-80 mph) the GSXR1000 is King. No bouncing or clutching, just downshift to 2nd and roll into a nice, predictable wheelie. The R1 and Busa require a good deal of coaxing. My nitrous 900RR was a wheelie monster through 3rd at about 100mph or so. But again, it would come up fast enough to clench the posterior of even the most robust riders.
Tweaked007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 02:46 PM   #40
elchulopadre
Founding Member

That's right - if we let motorcyclists debate wheelies, then the terrorists have already won...
elchulopadre is offline   Reply With Quote