Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-17-2003, 03:56 PM   #1
Jason523
Founding Member

Default Re: WSMC Clinic Reader Feedback

You guys write to complex and try to throw fifty ideas in one sentence. Although I say "to complex" it doesn't mean I don't at least try to read it. No I can read fine but I don't understand who you are trying to impress. But I love you picture caption writings and the meat and flavor of the writing as a whole is like a turkey dinner meal with sides of canned cranberry sauce, whipped creamed pumpkin pie in the fridge, corn in a bowl with a big round spoon in it, and a tv with the Lions, and a dog the just farted and is now wiping his but across the floor with the family saying "stop it".
Jason523 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2003, 04:06 PM   #2
allbikesbiker
Registered Member

as alway, I keep saying.. I'm in N.J. so .. willow springs is out!

Just one comment.

What were the 'tasks' that they made you do to prepare for the track?

thanks .. great article!

could be more meat though.

allbikesbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 04:15 PM   #3
TheBob
Founding Member

That post read like diet tips from John Candy.

(Sorry John, R.I.P.)

TheBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 04:59 PM   #4
staff
Registered Member

Summit Point, dood, Summit Point!

(That's in West-by-God-Virginia)
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 05:18 PM   #5
SmokeU
Registered Member

What's the closest track to SD??? And do they do track days???
Old 07-17-2003, 06:08 PM   #6
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Hey, nice write-up, Martin.

"I doubt if I'd have the strength of character to be as mellow if I were as good as they are."

So how's your strength of character relative to colorful captions the MOrons attached to your pictures?

Seriously, they are good pix attached to an excellent narrative. Hope to read more from you.

And damn, I gotta get to a track day!
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 04:30 AM   #7
jkgooch
Founding Member

Agreed. I understand that Kalifornia is the mecca of all things civilized (unless you're from anywhere else), but MO needs to find someone to comp you trips out east. Love the content, but I'd love it even more if it pertained to me.

That said, great article (absent a couple of dropped articles), as usual.
jkgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 04:50 AM   #8
ducatirdr
Founding Member

OK you NY/NJ sport bike riders

It's a bit of a drive but you may want to look into Loudon NH's New Hampshire International Speedway. They run the LRRS CCS races there. Check out the web site for the schedule and the link to the Penguin School. http://www.lrrsracing.com/

Trying to say money... Then bring a tent and camp in the infield. Water and electrics available for campers. The people you meet during a race weekend are the best people on the planet.

I took to the track on my Ducati 996 during a track day sponsored by BCM Ducati at Laconia NH. They are by far the best Ducati shop in the north east. After the first track day I was hooked. Yes crack cocaine of motorcycling is about right. I ended up purchasing a Kawi EX500 for $2000 that was race ready. This bike doesn't use much $'s to keep it in tires and fuel so the cost of racing is lower than most, yet I have just as much if not more fun than my bud's on their 748's. (If I were to do it again I would have got an SV650. They are the best race bike for a new club racer) I have sinced raced in Daytona (2nd this past spring in LWSM Am) and moved up to Jr in the LRRS series. This is the best thing you can do on two wheels and you also get to hang with the craziest most fun bunch of people that you could ever imagine. What's stopping you?
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 05:09 AM   #9
Mooner
Founding Member

Think it might be BIR (Brainerd), depending on where in SD. They do track days. There are a few different companies that go around to different midwest tracks to instruct and put on track days. One is Nesba (nesba.com, I think). Maybe somebody else has some more info on some of the others.
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 05:27 AM   #10
ebass
Founding Member

Default Actually ...

... we have covered Daytona, Myrtle Beach, and Americade this year. I coulda sworn they were East of CA but I guess it depends on whether you're going around the world the long way or the short way.

Can't do much more for you than that Goocher. When the OEMs start holding press intros in West Virginia instead of Catalunya we'll be there with bells on (and leathers). In the meantime, take a page out of sportbike_pilot, Sean Alexander, and Longride's book. If there's something you wanna read about in MO, quit whinin' and write it your damn self!

ebass is offline   Reply With Quote