Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-18-2003, 06:07 AM   #11
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: WSMC Clinic Reader Feedback

Just to toss this into the mix. When I took the california superbike school, Keith Code told us about a group of Harley riders that had all book up a day (on their Harleys). The story goes at the second on track session all you heard was scraping parts, and the time where slow, at the third and forth session the scraping was less and the times where faster on the final session the scraping returned but the times where the fastest of the day.

If you can get it on to the track, any bike/rider combo will benifit from this type of training.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2003, 06:52 AM   #12
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Can Buz and me bring the Geezers?

I want to get Buz on the track with me and we need to see who can grind the floorboards to dust first. I DO need a track day soon, and not on a Harley.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:54 AM   #13
caseyheilman
Founding Member

I think the above post is a reflection of the article's grammatical style. I'm no English professor, but I noticed a ton of mistakes in this article that I usually don't see on MO. In the first sentence:

"There is a lot of stuff out there that may be used enhance the spec sheet performance a sportbike. "

It should say:

There is a lot of stuff out there that may be used {TO} enhance the spec sheet performance {OF} a sportbike.

Now I'm not saying that the content was bad or the article topic wasn't interesting, but I did get confused by the lack of proofreading in a few parts. Did he have any one read it for grammatical errors beforehand?

That said: the article's argument that to get faster requires better riding and not better parts is very true.
caseyheilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 07:13 AM   #14
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Can Buz and me bring the Geezers?

I ll agree with me needing another track fix. Thought it was iteresting that even non-sportbikes and their owners can benifit. They last time I did the Keith Code school there was a old Sportster (don't ask me year or model, the Harley designations confuse me), and a full dress BMW. Also a guy had a Bimoto that he bined. Money does not make you talented or smart.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 07:57 AM   #15
KPaulCook
Banned

Excellent article. I guess I an at the point to consider this type of thing. I definitely agree with you that in general the best practitioners.

don't make the best instructors. Especially sports, where you see great coaches usually were so so players.

Great writing. Hope to read more from you!
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 08:09 AM   #16
coyn586
Founding Member

good article..

Kenny and Curtis have both offered me great advice over the years.. When I first started playing with WSMC in 99'.. I pitted with Curtis and Jacob West... These guys always were very approachable for advice, and I owe a great amount of the way I ride today to both of them. Jacob is now a Trackdaz.com staff guy, and I still speak with Curtis now a days.. I still think its odd to see him on an Ascot single instead of his old fire breathing FX bike

ps.. that's me in the back of that group pic #586... I'm guessing that pic was taken in early 01'
coyn586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 12:17 PM   #17
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Mooner is probably right. I recently did a trackday at BIR and had a blast. You don't get much overt instruction if you don't pay for the track school, but as long as you can ride decently you will do fine. They run new riders around the track a few times in the morning orientation session.

I did have some other dude run into me in turn 10, though, denting my pipe. I will be sending them an email to emphasize safe following distances for the novice class in their rider's meeting.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 05:12 PM   #18
julian
Founding Member

Default Re: Actually ...

And that book would be..?????

Julian
julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 06:25 AM   #19
ErricZ
Registered Member

Don't forget about Team ProMotion who run days at Pocono Race track! http://teampromotion.com
ErricZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 09:42 AM   #20
edfedup
Founding Member

The thing about trackday school reviews is that they never get further than being just another advertisement. You'll never seen any honesty or serious critical evaluation of the school. What else can we expect other than a raving review? If I wanted to read Sport Bike magazine, I would've subscribed.
edfedup is offline   Reply With Quote