Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-14-2003, 12:35 PM   #11
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Two words

Plus, Frankie was also riding on Dunlops, just like Mat -- and Chile is REALLY old!

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2003, 12:47 PM   #12
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: KPaul the Motorcycle prophet and defender of Mladin

>>Put him on Michelins and his AMA bike and he wins. <<

First of all, his and Yates times on the WSB bike (which has to run on 92 octane unleaded) were virtually identical with those on their AMA bikes (that run probably 120+ octane race fuel) so I don't think the restrictors had much to do with it (which is exactly what the British Suzuki wildcard riders found at the British round).

As for tires, he CHOSE (or his team did) to run Dunlops -- some teams DO run Michelins. Presumably they did so because they prefer them (much as BBoz does). In any case, Frankie Chile managed to win with Dunlops, so they must not be totally sh!t.

Mat was very impressive in qualifying, and I was rooting for him to win (I greatly admire his talent, even if I don't always admire him as a human being). Quite frankly, at race pace, he clearly was outclassed by Chile, Xhaus etc.

Regards

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 12:59 PM   #13
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Defending Mladin again.

1. In his own words Mat talks about it
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 01:50 PM   #14
brickl
Founding Member

Default Re: Defending Mladin again.

What a spin job. It should read like this:

Well, I was surprised at the level of talent out there today. I mean, you can see from the tape that I wasn't prepared for Laconi and Chile and Xaus and Toseland and Hodgson and whoever else to make me look like a school girl in the corners like they did. I was going to come up here and essentially say that I quit half way through the race due to exhaustion, but I figured instead that I'd tell it like it is for once.

You see, no matter how often my team tells me to save my tires and use a restrained, thoughtful strategy during a race, I just can't. I can't remember anything like that for very long. So all I know how to do is go like hell for 15 laps and hope no one can catch me after my skins are trash. And usually that works like a charm because I have 20 or so more horsepower than the Honda guys!! Hahahaha! Hahahaha!

But for some strange reason all of the machines were pretty closely matched in the power category today, and I was left looking pretty stupid since I can't really race with a slow, pig of a bike. You've never heard something like that from me before, have you?!! Ha!

Anyway, today just goes to show you how smart I am! I signed my new contract THIS YEAR instead of next year when Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, and maybe Royal Enfield will all have competitive bikes in AMA. Next year results like today - or worse(!) will be common, and that would have meant no money for Mladin... You all think you've seen a lot of quitting and bellyaching from me when I was on a 750? Ha! You ain't seen nothin' yet!

Oh, and I sat out the second race because my crew chief refused to let me race my AMA bike. I cried and said it wasn't fair. But he said no again, and I went to my trailer to get a popsicle.
brickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:29 PM   #15
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Defending Mladin again.

Now thats funny, wrong but funny.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:52 PM   #16
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Two words

"...and Chile is REALLY old" ...for a racer. Let's be clear about that thank you!
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 05:36 PM   #17
brickl
Founding Member

Default Speaking of V-twin action

Speaking of V-Twin action, where's my XB12R intro party review? It's the 14th, ya know!
brickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:06 PM   #18
merv
Founding Member

Default Re: Mladin is a big pansy

I bet he only felt tired after they kicked his butt, up until then he thought he was a sure winner that's my take on it. It's not what us Kiwis expect of an Aussie, they are normally fierce competitors and know how to win just to ***** us Kiwis off.

Did you ever see Wayne Gardner or Mick Doohan behave like that?

Cheers

Merv.
merv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:37 PM   #19
sjriott
Founding Member

Default Mladin Still Sucks

What a wuss. He loses just as I said in the last post. Then he's such a girl he has to bail on the next race because he knows it's futile for him to even try and beat these guys at one of his home tracks.

He must have an L tatooed on his forhead somwhere. LOSER
Old 07-14-2003, 10:42 PM   #20
RRocket
Founding Member

Default KPaul...Mladin is a weenie still...

Kpaul,

Mladin is a weenie still. 4th? Against that weak field? Then doesn't step up for the next race? Don't lay any of the crap on us about tires or restrictor plates. He used the same equipment for the pole position, no? Weenie, I say!!

If you want to see a REAL feat, read on...

Duhamel placed 3rd and 3rd in 1997 against one of the best fields EVER in WSB. ..a virtual who's who of motorcycle racing:

Fogarty

Slight

Haga

Russell

Crafar

Chile

Kocinsky

Edwards

Yanagawa

Hodgson

So your boy finishes in a weak field. Yippee. Then punks out for the next race..boohoo. He's a weenie...stop defending him...
RRocket is offline   Reply With Quote