Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-11-2003, 02:32 AM   #61
Hadji
Founding Member

Default Re: Let me handle this

That's GeezerGlyd! Get your facts strait, KPaul.

Inline Fours Forever!
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2003, 03:12 AM   #62
tumbler
Founding Member

Default Re: PA Helmet Law Modified

Actually in my hometown the passed a law a couple of years back that within 24 hrs. of a snow fall you have to have the snow removed from the sidewalk in front of your property. Too many old ladies breaking hips I guess.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 03:21 AM   #63
tumbler
Founding Member

Well if we can get charlton Heston riding the mini-gun thing could become a reality. *

*The views expressed in this joke are for entertainment purposes only and any political or ethical statements found in this joke or persons living, dead, or ficticous are purely coincidental.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 03:33 AM   #64
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Dear clueless Neal

He's already challenged me to a bench press contest, 40 yard dash and Yahtzee!

His next challenge will be the KPaul Vault where he will be huge leaps of logic and declare himself the winner no matter what the outcome.

I'll bet his MSF scores are higher than yours!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 03:36 AM   #65
aknopak
Founding Member

Actually, I think you are doing a good job on posting the news items.

At the same time, for a semi-professional undertaking such as MO, I wonder why they are relying on a single volunteer for their news gathering/posting, especially as it has become the main content of the site.

On a related note, if I had to supply news items, there would definitely be a bias, as I would tend to look for news in certain places. I imagine the same goes for you. It's impossible for one person to cover the entire scope of motorcycling related news. Apparently MO doesn't take the news gathering very seriously.

To come back to my earlier point, I really do wonder what direction, if any, MO is going.
aknopak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 03:37 AM   #66
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: BuzWold Predicts!

I was hoping we would have a thread where we would compare all of our MSF scores.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 03:52 AM   #67
ValknMag
Founding Member

Default Re:You miss the point

Ohio law is that for the first year a person has their license, they must wear a helmet, regardless of age. Motorcycle endorsement on the license is 'Novice.' Yes, a law enforcement officer COULD pull you over as harassment, but nobody I know has had this happen. If someone does something inept or obviously stupid on the bike--riding over a curb, say--then, yes, a cop could use the helmet law as an excuse to pull them over. That, in my opinion, is fine--the person may be drunk or just stupid, but they need a scare thrown into them to reinforce the message that they are dumb. And the story of New Rome, Ohio should be proof enough that new laws aren't needed to harass drivers.
ValknMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 03:55 AM   #68
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Thanks for the comments. I just try to post news that can be entertaining, informative, and different, as well as something that can be discussed. Actually, the news here isn't a very visited part of the site according to the stats. Nobody really covers the entire scope of motorcycling. Anyone that looks back at the last 50 things I posted can see a variety of news, not just Harley. The worst part about the Internet is everyone wants immediate gratification. Print mags have 30 days betweeen issues, and I have gotten issues without ONE road test in them. If MO goes more than a week or two everyone is on their ass to get a test in there. Also, lets face facts. People are going to complain no matter what. It makes no difference if I post racing, Harley, general, or no news, somebody has a complaint. It goes with the territory. This is still the best online mag going. There is nothing else out there that does what these guys do here.
Old 07-11-2003, 03:56 AM   #69
Captain_1
Founding Member

A GE minigun is cool, but an RPG would be more effective and save unsprung weight.
Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 04:07 AM   #70
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Lets try it again

And where exactly are you paying for people that ride without helmets?