Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-10-2003, 08:03 PM   #51
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: PA Helmet Law Modified

Wrong-o beanie-boy. Statisticaly it's middle aged re-entry riders (who typically ride cruiser type bikes) under the influence, involved in single vehicale crashes that have the highest injury/fatality rates. Sportbikers may splatter from time to time but it's your middle aged rightious party'n bro (TM) trying to wobble home after a few who is at the most risk.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2003, 08:28 PM   #52
toner87
Registered Member

You know, I continue to read these pointless arguments (AKA pissing contests), too. They're really pretty entertaining.

The bottom line with helmets, IMHO, is that we should have a choice. Sometimes I choose to ride with a full faced helmet, sometimes I ride with a half helmet when I'm just cruising in town. Sometimes I think how great it would feel to just go riding w/out the helmet, the gloves, the jacket the jeans and the boots, but would I do it? Probably not. What bugs me is that I don't have the choice.

Remember, you can slip on the ice, crack your skull on the pavement and be very dead; just look at poor Dr. Atkins. No one's advocating helmet use when there's ice on the sidewalks, are they? Maybe PA's on to something with the age/experience restrictions. I cannot imagine learning to ride w/out a helmet and anyone who suggests that learning w/out one should be allowed IS a nutcase. I also think the whole enforcement issue will prove to be a major headache for everyone in PA.
toner87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 11:45 PM   #53
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

Default what longride wants

"Giving longride the ability to post articles is like having ABATE be in control of this site."

I have to agree with kpaul on this. I think longride's news has a definate pro-harley, pro-ABATE slant. We get informed of every ABATE victory and Harley quarterly earnings report, but I never remember seeing Ducati or Yamaha earning reports. Since the majority of all "news" on MO is from longride--this is a problem. Longride is either only posting news that supports his own views, or flame baiting. Either way, it is tiresome.
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 01:04 AM   #54
aknopak
Founding Member

Default Re: what longride wants

Yes, Longride is MO's own minister of information.

I am wondering what's happening with MO...

At the moment, they rely on one over-active Saddam lookalike to supply half the content of the site. Another part (the good part) is bought from a very talented moto journalist across the pond, and the rest is filled in with stories about rallies.

Oh, and every now and then one of MO's own journo's takes an incredibly whitty crack at a motorcycle review.

Wait, I almost forgot the 'If you like it, buy it, if you don't like it, don't buy it' gear reviews.

On the upside, there have been some excellent posts about roadtrips and the like from subscribers.

Where's Sean gone? I quite liked Sean's articles and adventures. Burns can be very entertaining (for instance when he describes why he likes the ZRX1200) but the lastest tests seem to lack 'enjoyment' for lack of a better term (maybe 'mojo' is better
aknopak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 01:42 AM   #55
sherm
Founding Member

I wonder if ABATE and the AMA would push to make info like this mandatory reading for all motorcycle riders?

http://www.hwysafety.org/safety_fact...helmet_use.htm
sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 01:51 AM   #56
seruzawa
The Toad

Default BuzWold Predicts!

Looks like this thread has become just as stupid as Buz predicted.

Or maybe its just MO's way of providing catharsis for our resident Kook.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:04 AM   #57
seruzawa
The Toad

Okay. Now that riders in PA have the right not to wear a helmet, what about other rights?

How about the right not to hear Hillary Clinton everytime she opens her pie hole? What about that? Now that should be every rider's right! How about the right to have a beard, mustache and horn-rimmed glasses digitally added to Chris Matthew's face on TV? And why not the right to mount a mini-gun on your bike to deal with those annoying cell phone users? Huh? What about that? And how about the right to have Britney Spears' videos broadcast only with the sound off so I don't have to waste energy pushing the mute button?! What about that?!!

What about those rights? I believe them to be inalienable!! Or are they priveleges? I get so confused.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:10 AM   #58
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default What you want to believe

I post what I can find. If I find earnings reports on other mfgs. I report them, which I have. Since you don't "remember" any is a case of selective memory. Just go back and look at past articles. AMA news is as relevant as any other I would say, wouldn't you? There is no pro-anything slant. I put up race results, earnings, news and unfortunatly Harley stuff is plentiful, and other stuff isn't at this time. Would you rather read nothing?
Old 07-11-2003, 02:19 AM   #59
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

There was no "view" posted. It was news. PA got the helmet law modified. I didn't do anything. Actually, a helmet article would be propagana, i.e. pushing ones agenda on someone else, not news. The crybabys on thw site will cry no matter WHAT is posted. Just watch the next review or comparo.

List of bytches:

1. Not enough bikes.

2. Sick of (type of bike) reviews.

3. You guys don't know crap.

4. Wrong bikes to consider.

5. The comparo sucked; motorcycledaily does a better job.

I'd put you right at the top of the heap.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:20 AM   #60
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Dear clueless Neal

WOW!!!!! Now not only am I an idiot,Im clueless,stupid,reckless and responsible for high insursnce costs and the reason non riders consider motorcyclists reckless and irresponsible.Son,I have been riding on and offroad for 35 years,have one ticket and no accidents.I sincerely doubt the fact that 2 or 3 times a year I ride a few miles without a helmet affects anything.My insurance( Full coverage)is less than 400 bucks a year.....my 21 year old son was quoted 4000 bucks for full coverage on a gsx 6oo. I didnt quote any stats,therefore cant have them backwards.....my point was I believe that young kids riding sport bikes irresponsibly has a more negative effect on the non riding public than a helmetless rider.If this makes me clueless or an idiot in your eyes at least Im in good company. KPaul,you are always quick to use derogatory terms ,but are hurt when others use them to you......If you would attempt to express your views without insults and derogatory terms,Im sure the attacks on you would be tempered. To the rest of MO....Im sorry for wasting your time......I hereby promise to never respond to KPAUL's rants again;he caught me in aweak moment.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote