Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   PA Helmet Law Modified (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/1969-pa-helmet-law-modified.html)

KPaulCook 07-10-2003 01:33 PM

Re: Lets try it again

How much are you paying on your Ninja?

Hey I pay for the privledge to ride. I pay license fees, insurance, gas taxes etc. But I don't want to subsidize idiots who want to ride without a helmet. It's simple really.

electraglider_1997 07-10-2003 02:01 PM

Cops

The same folks that lambasted me for unloading on Bush are lumping cops into the biker hater category. I'm sure there are cops out there that think bikers are all lawless numbskull but I also know that most cops lust for Harley ownership. Cops really dislike Sportbike riders and that is because there is only one reason for owning one and that entails high speeds. Anyway, most sportbike riders would naturally wear helmets to hide their identity and because the wind is hard to take without one on. OK, go ahead and blast away.

maccasmark 07-10-2003 03:46 PM

Re: PA Helmet Law Modified

Another helmet law debate. MO's attempt to make KPaul seem intelligent.

sherm 07-10-2003 04:10 PM

The real bottom line is that within a few years (or days) helmet use in PA will be drastically reduced, and for cruiser riders will approach zero. Forgetting about "freedom" for the moment, is drastic reduction of helmet use really a good thing? If the AMA is so determined to reduce helmet use across the US why do they insist that helmets be worn by all riders in their competition events? Come on AMA, if "freedom" is good enough for the street its good enough for the track!!!

KPaulCook 07-10-2003 07:05 PM

What do mean seem intelligent. I am God's gift to you MOrons. :) Ask longride

KPaulCook 07-10-2003 07:08 PM

Excellent Point get longride to sign up for that.

Lets start having AMA Harley GeezerGlide races with longride and BuzGlyd with no helmets. But I am sure they would wear arm chaps.

billyidol 07-10-2003 07:11 PM

Since sport riders ride faster and generally die more often and most wear more protection, Why not make helmets laws apply to sport riders and not cruisers. The harley crowd need these laws more then rhe rest of the pack

KPaulCook 07-10-2003 07:13 PM

Re: Cops

Heck GeezerGlide most cops ride BMWs and Kawasakis out here at work. I think the last thing they want to ride around on is fat hog. I think Hog lusting cops is a Midwest thing (flat no curves)

tumbler 07-10-2003 07:39 PM

KPaul, Longride, do you guys just cut, paste, and post all of your comments from the 100 previous helmet debates you guys have had? Let's make it simpler, Longride pick your favorite name to call KPaul and just cut and paste in every response to him. KPaul Just type I know you are, but what am I and cut and paste that to all of your responses to Longride. Look how much time I just saved you both with pretty much the same results!

I know, I know, I don't have to read your posts, but it's like Family Circus. There it is at the end of the comics waiting to suck, I know this, yet read it anyways, and then get frustrated that I knew it was going to suck like it does every other time yet I'm helplessly drawn to read it every time.

KPaulCook 07-10-2003 08:45 PM

Good idea. You are right of course these debates are getting old. Just once I would love to see MO post an article about the benefits of wearing helmets. Giving longride the ability to post articles is like having ABATE be in control of this site. We only get one view posted i.e. what longride wants.