Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Young Timothy Strikes Again! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/1948-young-timothy-strikes-again.html)

crazybike_37 06-26-2003 03:01 PM

I know youse out deah!

Aw c'mon, no takers yet? Anybody'll do, just as long as you don't get all attached and go totally cableguy on me...

kawazuki 06-26-2003 04:32 PM

Re: Young Timothy Strikes Again!

If you're going through New Mexico, I'd be down for a meetin. We could get lunch or something. Or even meet up somewhere out East and ride to out West.

I don't think ABQ is between Kansas and LA, but I don't know Kansas very well, either.

-Kawazuki

kawazuki 06-26-2003 04:35 PM

Mapquest sez that some routes do, some don't. I guess I'll know more later.

-Kawazuki

longride 06-27-2003 02:04 AM

Gonna be like a new inmate in a prison full of lifers over there. LOL Take it easy on this kid will you guys? Tim, follow Burns' lead an maybe you can get adjoining cells.

nokneedragin 06-27-2003 04:39 AM

Are you implying that he might get traded for the next test ride, ouch.

VFRider 06-27-2003 05:22 AM

JB leaving MO

Rumor has it that JB is on his way out the door. Nice while it lasted.

"I would assume that a web site which is the "biggest" motorcycle web site of all time or whatever their claim is, would be well-versed on copyright law and issues of fair use. Perhaps their soon to be departing Editor, my friend, John Burns, could hold a little mini-clinic before he leaves on the do's and don'ts of posting stories they actually didn't write. "

- from AMAsuperbike.com

SeanAlexander 06-27-2003 07:15 AM

Timmy Timmy TIM AYE!

Ok boy, do you know how to take laptimes and photographs?

A few tips for the new MO intern:

1.) Don't race Ashley on PS2 / MotoGP or neither of you will get a damned thing done, all day.

2.) Whatever you do, don't order the Grill Master's Special at the Flat Cat Cafe.

3.) Always get onions with your Chippa Chai.

4.) Don't feed people food to any dogs at MO, or you will be holding your nose and gagging for 8 hours.

5.) DON'T CRASH THE FREAKIN TEST BIKES! (only Ashley's boyfriends can do that)

6.) The door that says "MOMEN" isn't for you.

7.) DON'T do burnouts on the dark asphalt just outside the garage. That asphalt is VERY soft and will melt and create a crater under your rear tire. It will also fling bits of molten rubber and asphalt pebbles into the air, so they can rain down over MO like Satan's own snow.

8.) DON'T do burnouts INSIDE the MO garage, or EBass will get all pissy and whine about the smell for 40 days and 40 nights.

9.) There is a time and a place for Barry Manilow, that place will never be MO.

10.) Pay attention to what Ashley has to say. Though she's crazier than hell and her thought process would get Stephen Hawking lost, she knows her $hit and has more experience in this industry than the rest of the MO staff combined.

11.) Forget all about 1 - 10 and HAVE FUN.

SmokeU 06-27-2003 07:52 AM

Re: JB leaving MO

OMG you just posted something from AMAsuperbike.com, I'd be watching my back if I were you. OH yeah, what is this we are hearing about JB leaving MO????? FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, tell us what the deal is!!

VFRider 06-27-2003 09:07 AM

I only lifted part of the article and gave credit to the source, but I'm still keeping my back to the wall and an eye out for the Minnesota Mafia!

SmokeU 06-27-2003 10:11 AM

Is AMAsuperbike.com based in Minnesota or what??? Maybe I missed something in the article, or I'm just thick or something.