Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-26-2003, 01:35 PM   #1
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Troubles

I have a Honda 2002 VFR800 and the inner tab on the hard luggage that the string attaches to (the string that stops in from flopping around when open) broke off. The dealer I went to tried to fix it with apoxy, but I guess I'm just screwed. The luggage goes for $1000 dollars. How bout better qualitiy Honda? Or should I blame Givi?

Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2003, 01:44 PM   #2
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

I've had Honda warranty things from faded paint to a scratched instrument panel without question. Once they even replaced an entire swingarm because of a broken chain guard boss. But I also have a good relationship with my local Honda dealer which I think is important. If you are sure that the dealer won't resolve your problem and don't care about burning a bridge I suggest that you contact American Honda and find out who the service rep is in your area. A call to them might do the trick. You are in a really grey area since you don't have the part but that person may decide to take care of you anyway. Are you a HRCA member? If so call them and they will take care of you.

Best of luck
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 02:14 PM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

You're wrong. Honda motorcycles are perfect. There is nothing wrong with your bag system. You must have used it incorrectly.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:39 PM   #4
VMan_1
Founding Member

If "customers" were always honest, your claim would most likely be repaired without hesitation. Truth be told, however, many "buyers are liers". As a business owner, I have seen ever sham tried on me. Unfortunate at best.
VMan_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 02:42 PM   #5
fwalters
Founding Member

Once a bag fell off of my 2000 VFR.

Man, was I glad to get rid of her...
fwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 03:37 PM   #6
Mooner
Founding Member

Actually, I did contact the dealer first and they said there was nothing they could do. I asked to talk to somebody at Honda corporate. They gave me the customer service number in California. The customer service guy did an inspection on 2 bikes/bags they had there. They said that one was even crashed at a press release and the bags stayed on, even though broken up and scratched. "I almost tipped the bike over I was yanking so hard on it". What an image! When I brought up the quality issue they basically said "No proof, no fault". Supposedly the manager is going to contact me tomorrow. After that, it's back to the dealer for another try.
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 04:23 PM   #7
BobW
Founding Member

Where in the Minnesota River Valley? And where was the dealer, Belle Plaine, Mankato, ....?
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 04:40 PM   #8
Mooner
Founding Member

Between Le Sueur and Kasota (112). Bought it out of Coon Rapids. They were the only ones an ABS model in stock, and I didn't want to wait to order. I live in Mankato now, but I expect to be moving to the northern suburbs soon, so dealer location was also a consideration (not that it helps me now). Where you from?
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 02:30 AM   #9
BobW
Founding Member

North Mankato. Send me your email address in case I run across it. Just drove 112 last weekend. rjwinz@mctcnet.net
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 05:59 AM   #10
nferr
Founding Member

Buy a Triumph. Sprint ST.
nferr is offline   Reply With Quote