Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-27-2003, 08:12 AM   #11
Mashuri
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Troubles

Just for the record I have a 2003 VFR with bags I recently took on a 600 mile trip. Both bags were loaded full and I had no problems or issues. Everything worked great. Unfortunately, I can't see a dealer helping you out with this issue. If you could've somehow recovered the bag to show the defect is one thing. Otherwise the dealer has no idea what really happened. People try to scam retailers all the time for free stuff, which hurts honest people in situations like this.
Mashuri is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2003, 11:25 AM   #12
sarnali
Founding Member

Absolutely correct seruzawa-san the superior design of Honda products is without question. This gajin obviously damaged a quality Honda accessory through his own incompetance and now has found the temerity to attempt to apportion blame to Honda. Sepuku is his only option.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 03:38 PM   #13
MrBear44
Registered Member

Good to see the Iraqi information minister finally found work.
MrBear44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 06:03 AM   #14
mjs
Founding Member

Your request for Honda to bail you out of this situation ( even though there is no proof of Honda's liability ) is just another example of people wanting to blame someone else for their problems.

Did you ever remove the bags from the bike and reinstall them yourself ?
mjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 12:47 PM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Yeah and none too soon. Those unemployment checks were about to run out.
Old 06-28-2003, 06:40 PM   #16
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

You are probably SOL. If your mirror or turn signal fell off, Honda would probably take care of you. But something as expensive as a new bag.....they probably feel they have to draw the line somewhere. Otherwise, guys would crash and say "Hey, my pipe fell off!" or "My tank fell off".
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 08:47 AM   #17
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Huh? It could be his fault. It could be there is an actual mfg. problem which the area tech rep is aware of. At 450 ea. yeah I would show the problem to Honda and at least give them the oportunity to pony up if they have a known problem. They may say tuff luck. However if there is a problem and people are not reporting it Honda will not know it's a problem unless they read minds.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:54 AM   #18
navion_pa1
Founding Member

Let's say Honda does find this is a problem at a later date, do you really think, they're going to go back to this guy, and said here's your money back. We found a design defect about

6 months after you bought it to out atten.
navion_pa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:21 AM   #19
Whatmough
Founding Member

Yes in a country where no one will ever think of questioning his wisdom!
Whatmough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 09:22 AM   #20
tshelver
Registered Member

I had a similar incident with the right side bag falling off my R11GS when the mounting tab broke.

The dealer claimed it was as a result of an accident and pointed out scratches on the left cylinder head. When asked, he refused to even look at the bike to explain how a left side parking lot tumble damaged a right side bag...

I asked to be referred to a higher authority (BMW), and he stated that the issue was between me and him, and that BMW would believe his word rather than mine.

This was one of a string of poor service experiences with various BMW dealers and BMW North America. I have now sold both BMW motorcycles. In fact, I just bought the wife an '03 VFR ABS, to add a bit of Red (actually silver) to my two Kawasakis....

Actually, the BMW thing did have a happy ending. In the last of an ongoing series of emails to get my dissatisfaction with service and reliability resolved, BMW Customer Service recommended that I switch to another brand.

I did exactly that, and haven't looked back since: our two BMWs were swopped for a Concours, a ZX12R and the VFR, as I have always had good service from Honda and Kawasaki. Next down will be the wife's 330xi cage.
tshelver is offline   Reply With Quote