Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 09-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default New electric-gyro-motorcycle-thingy

I'm not getting on any waiting lists but it could be a could commuter if you could lane split with it.

Lit Motors unveils concept, all-electric, fully enclosed motorcycle | SmartPlanet
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2011, 01:57 AM   #2
kimberallyclarkbis
Registered Member

"The whole range anxiety thing," says Brammo CEO Craig Bramscher, "We thought, well, the .... Personally, I'm looking forward to the gyro-stabilized auto-wheelie button.

Last edited by seruzawa : 09-15-2011 at 05:13 AM. Reason: spam removal
kimberallyclarkbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:26 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Warning, you have to watch a commercial.

Note the performance claims. 0-60 in about 6 seconds. Okay. Then he says 150 miles per charge, but doesn't give the speed. Since that claimed distance is waaaay beyond any current electric vehicle some proof is in order. Or maybe it's the distance @ 5mph. Plus the battery has to run the gyro as well. No mention is made of the fact that the gyros that hold you up also keep you from leaning.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:36 AM   #4
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
No mention is made of the fact that the gyros that hold you up also keep you from leaning.
They don't have to. In fact, gyros are used to rotate missles on their axes in flight. My futuristic Morbocycle (tm) uses gyros along with active engine and suspension management systems to spatially orient the motorcycle for maximum cornering performance. All the rider has to do is hang on.

Gyros are your friend.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:07 AM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
They don't have to. In fact, gyros are used to rotate missles on their axes in flight. My futuristic Morbocycle (tm) uses gyros along with active engine and suspension management systems to spatially orient the motorcycle for maximum cornering performance. All the rider has to do is hang on.

Gyros are your friend.
And tasty too!

Do they serve them at Quizno's?
Old 09-15-2011, 07:22 AM   #6
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
And tasty too!

Do they serve them at Quizno's?
They are legally allowed to deny them service, but they'll give them a crappy table and make them wait.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
schizuki
Founding Member

You guys are funny.

Not as funny as electric-vehicle-fetishists, but funny.

Me, I'm three-to-five years away from being funny. Really well-informed ppl tell me so.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:26 PM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:

Gyros are your friend.
Yes because the gyros are designed with servos to move the missile. A gyro freely spinning and solidly mounted in the bike will resist leaning. Unless he has installed servos. Which I doubt.

Don't argue with a rocket scientist.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:03 AM   #9
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Yes because the gyros are designed with servos to move the missile. A gyro freely spinning and solidly mounted in the bike will resist leaning. Unless he has installed servos. Which I doubt.

Don't argue with a rocket scientist.
I surely won't argue about something I don't have information on. Since neither of us know, I've emailed Lit Motors and asked. I also sent them the URL to this thread and invited them to join the discussion.

Here's their website:
Lit Motors

Last edited by The Spaceman : 09-16-2011 at 06:07 AM.
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:16 AM   #10
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
I surely won't argue about something I don't have information on. Since neither of us know, I've emailed Lit Motors and asked. I also sent them the URL to this thread and invited them to join the discussion.

Here's their website:
Lit Motors
You invited them to join this thread?

AP-Venture Capitalists worldwide have decided to pull funding from LIT Motors LLC.

"I'm not gonna have anything to do with a concern that has anything to do with MoFos or MO," said Izzy Izkowits of FL VC, a venture capital brokerage in Boca Raton.

Kmo! What have you done?!!!!