Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-18-2003, 11:26 AM   #81
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Tumbler

Hey Tumbler has made some excellent points. Don't degrade yourself by calling him names and the like. Even a Corn Husker is above that right

P.S. I ride 200 miles a week in heavy traffic. I would never ride with out my fullface helmet, boots, gloves and protective jacket. I feel guilty wearing thick jeans instead of my riding pants some days.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2003, 11:43 AM   #82
tumbler
Founding Member

Default Re: Tumbler

Everything I've written IS the way this country works, for good or bad. You're the one going on about Bush, foreign policy, etc, on a motorcycle website. In case you missed it you're at your keyboard too, and you should really get away from your computer and out more, it can only help your people skills. Or is all of this just internet alter ego, easy to come off as a bada$$ online. You can make any persona you want. Kind of like the dentists and laywers who go out and buy a harley and only ride it from bar to bar, only cheaper. (Side Note: All of you dentist and laywers I got problem with you buying Harleys, just make sure you know how to ride it!)
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 11:54 AM   #83
Hadji
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey Puck!

Singles and Twins Forever!
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 11:58 AM   #84
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: PA Helmet Law Changing

I'm with you on the right to travel public roads without the licensing "required" by state governments. There are a number of excellent treatises proving the validity of your postulation. There is even more evidence supporting your income tax beliefs. My personal favorite is Larkin Rose's 861 argument which can be read at www.taxableincome.net . Be sure to look at his hilarious run-ins with the IRS auditors. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 11:59 AM   #85
stromman
Founding Member

If your somebodys mother tapped a cycle at a red light,knocked them over and they suffered severe head injuries,who's fault would it be. Would it be your mom's fault because she tapped the cyclist or would it be the cyclist fault for not wearing a helmet Any fall where the head meets the pavement even at one MPH can spell brain damage to the rider,maybe riding without a helmet already indicates brain damage.Its a Darwinist point of view.
stromman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 12:04 PM   #86
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: OK folks this is getting old. Time for a review of KPauls helmet law

Only problem with this approach is that, neither law nor medical ethics will allow an emergency room to refuse treatment in the event of serious injury, so the ininsured, helmetless cyclist still gets care, but the hospital eats the cost, which just gets built into their rates, so their other patients pick up the tab, or, if it is a government hospital, the taxpayers pay. The hospital is not gonna forclose on the guys house or car to collect.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 12:16 PM   #87
jaypuck
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey Puck!

lol
jaypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 12:26 PM   #88
James_Brown
Registered Member

...and I'm also the greatest player in the history of football. That aside, the .1% of the time I have not worn a helmet has been off of public roads at speeds generally under 10 mph. Your welcome.
James_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 12:56 PM   #89
02TriBonnie
Founding Member

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you are injured, have hospital bills etc, and your insurance pays for any of it, won't that end up costing me money in the long run? (Higher premiums etc) Don't get me wrong, if you don't want to wear a helmet, thats your bussiness, but why should I have to pay for someone else who wrecks without a helmet? I think that insurance should offer different rates for folks without helmets. I have heard that some do, but I'm sure that some of it still trickles back through to everyones bill.
02TriBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 01:06 PM   #90
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: No taxes.

Dude, save the random anti-Bush attacks for a liberal political forum. They have no place here in this discussion.