Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-18-2003, 11:51 AM   #71
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: PA Helmet Law Changing

ok, lets runs through this. We elect honest politicians to trim the budgets, eliminate the income tax, institute a national sales tax (on top of state and local tax), mandate that user taxes go to support the things they apply to. also make sure local towns don't spend 250 large on cast iron archways.

problems:

no such thing as a honest politician

big business and lobbyist will not allow the budget reductions.

Federal sales tax increases lower income tax burden (me)

usage tax should allready go to the use.

Local business should have pooled there money and done a charity drive to pay for the archways.

Some of what you say should be done, eliminate national debt, reduce the budget, usage fees going to there use. But every time I crunch the numbers on flat tax, and Fed sales tax I pay more than my income tax (after deductions etc)

D*mm i'm scr*wed again
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2003, 11:53 AM   #72
Thurston_Wilkes
Founding Member

Riding without a helmet is a good thing. It's the Lord's way of thinning out stupid people.
Thurston_Wilkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 11:55 AM   #73
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: Tumbler

Longride,

If you haven't figured it out yet, Tumbler is sitting at his keyboard smoking crack inside a 80 ft coil of bubble wrap.

The bubble wrap is so when he falls out of his chair he doesn't have to worry about sharing the bed with his grandpa.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 11:56 AM   #74
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

"with liberty and justice for all". Sound familiar? It closes the pledge of allegiance. Once liberty and justice are taken what will there be to fight for? Who will be left to fight for it? Alan Sherman's "The Rape of the A.P.E." eloquently and in an entertaining way spelled out the situation freedom loving people need to struggle against over a quarter century ago. American life blood has been spilled around the World for rights that are being taken with barely a murmer from most. I believe this is a grave disservice to their memories. Yes, I support another adults freedom to decide whether or not to wear a helmet! How long do you think it will be before the 99% of the public that doesn't ride will decide Motorcycling itself places an injustified and unwarranted burden on society? Which little freedom or right will be taken from you that will sensitize you to these losses for others?
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 11:58 AM   #75
KPaulCook
Banned

Default OK folks this is getting old. Time for a review of KPauls helmet law

[*]All helmets are optional.
[*]Insurance companies are exempt from paying for head injuries for riders not wearing a full face helmet[*]
[*]Individuals who cause injury to a helmetless rider are only financially responsible for non head injuries

If you aren't willing pay the cost of freedom then wear a full face helmet. Otherwise pay for your own medical care for your scattered brain

If don't wear a full face helmet your are an idiot.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 12:01 PM   #76
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Sorry for the double post, didn't "Refresh".
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 12:01 PM   #77
tumbler
Founding Member

Default Re: Tumbler

Was that really called for? You don't know me, you don't know anyone to ask about me. I think that Grandpa line was in pretty bad taste.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 12:03 PM   #78
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Tumbler

If you rode as much as you write then you'd be Iron Butt qualified. By now even you can't believe your bs.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:12 PM   #79
ValknMag
Founding Member

Oh, you wanted a REALISTIC scenario! You should have said something. I know the federal government is too far gone to ever be reined in. When you crunched the numbers on the flat tax, did you assume current rate of spending, or my insane idea that the governments basically provide just infrastructure?
ValknMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 12:14 PM   #80
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default No taxes.

Just do like Father Bush is doing. Give it all to Iraq and just forget about the homeland. Print more until you run out of ink. Get more ink and continue printing. Since Bush is spending it faster than the speed of light we might as well not be paying taxes at all. It all goes for paying interest on the debt and it isn't even putting a dent in that. Bush has no concept whatsoever on what he is doing to this country by focusing on foreign oil. He pounds Iraq while the real culprits in Saudi Arabia just laugh. The Bush administration is the real wmd.