Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-22-2003, 05:21 PM   #51
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Flames

I'll second that.

A little of that goes a long way, especially when it stops being at least partially tongue-in-cheek.

And yes, I am sometimes guilty myself.

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2003, 05:44 PM   #52
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Default Re: Revelation: The Beauty of Simplicity

Just ride and smile. For most cruiser riders function takes 2nd place to name and a certain look. Just like we were suppose to wear Nike, Reebocks etc. Too many fear not being see with the in crowd bikes. And a certain company is taking advantage of a lot of people because of it.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:54 PM   #53
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Snow Hog

Tell Mrs Paul to break out the fish sticks and Ritalyn again. Good god after reading that I had to walk out into my garage and make sure my Ducati was still in there!

I'm riding to Las Vegas tomorrow for a business meeting (I'm not a doctor, a lawyer or a CPA). I hope that's enough miles not to be considered a poser.

I have a buddy who's 6-3 and he enjoys riding my Duc although I don't know if he'd want to do a 500 mile day on it.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 06:14 PM   #54
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I have no idea what you're talking about since I've never participated in a flame war.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:58 PM   #55
maxriderdon
Founding Member

IMO center stands are great. All my bikes have had center stands. All my bikes have been shaft drives also so I would not know about chain oiling. Center stands are great. Oil changes, installing shields, luggage, general maintenace, and of course tinkering in general is easier with the center stand. Even the GW1800 comes with a center stand so weight is no excuse for a mfg. not to supply them. I can see all out sport bikes without them as it does add a little weight to the bike.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:23 PM   #56
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Default Re: I've been saying this all along

Let me add to that. I don't ride a sportbike but...

Sportbikes have superior engineering, Superior brakes, Superior tires, Superior handling. Superior power to get you out of a bad situation. Emergency situiations happens. Your better off on the sportbike when they do. I am too old for the crotch rockets but give credit where it is due. Cruisers can be made to handle much better than they do especially the 80's shorter wheelbase bikes. But the long wheelbase is what's in style, so most current cruisers turn like busses. How come we are paying way more money for same old technology. Answer cause we do.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:36 PM   #57
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

I've said it before, MO should put a limit on how many times we can post in the same day and stop these running flame wars.
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 11:52 PM   #58
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

Naked beemers are not ugly, just funky-cool.

As far as surging, I think only US oilhead models surge, so I wouldn't know.

Biggest gripe about owning a BMW--price of parts and accessories. I expect BMW to charge an arm & a leg, but the aftermarket wants to gouge me too. I don't understand why something like a slip-on exhaust for an oilhead needs to cost 2 - 3 hundred more than a similiar system for other bikes (I realize it is replacing a CAT, but big deal, it just means the pipe needs to be a foot longer). This is one area where I envy Harley riders--so many aftermarket companies in competition keeps the parts and accessories prices reasonable.
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 03:20 AM   #59
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Well Rich, listening to you annoys ME. So why don't you just complain to your wife about it and don't post it here. Possibly she cares. Maybe Watergate still has you pissed. As far as I know, it's a free country, and I will post what I wish, when I wish and how I wish on a public forum. If you don't like it, go tell somebody who cares, because I don't. You don't need to give me your mail address because I can tell you to F*uck off right here. Isn't freedom a wonderful thing?
Old 04-23-2003, 04:09 AM   #60
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Easy now, you might hurt someone's feelings.