Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-22-2003, 10:13 AM   #31
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Snow Hog

You fibbing again. I have been in Chicago in Jan and Dec. You yourself were complaining a few weeks back about how you have not been riding in weeks. You guys lie when it suits you. Like your ZX-9 that has to be reved to 9000 rpm to go anywhere. You don't have a ZX-9. You are Harley guy who like other Harley guys say they have another bike, but usually the other bike is a Ducati. You just picked a Ninja cause you thought it would be more believable. I am getting tired of your bull sh_t.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2003, 10:18 AM   #32
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Revelation: The Beauty of Simplicity

Hey, there you go again. Go get on that "Ninja" of yours and ride.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:20 AM   #33
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

"Mines Yellow."

Really? what a coincidence, my other (pretend) bike is yellow also. I guess we do have something in common after all.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 10:31 AM   #34
caderider
Registered Member

Default Re: I've been saying this all along

Cars are for when it's snowy/icy out - even tho some bikers wont even drive a car or truck
Old 04-22-2003, 10:44 AM   #35
KPaulCook
Banned

Yep thats the one that you ride 20,000 miles a year on right. Ha Ha Ha Ha
Old 04-22-2003, 10:52 AM   #36
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Snow Hog

Ahhh the McDonald's burger fumes have you ranting again. Yes, I ride year round. No, it doesn't mean every day or week. Never said my 9er needs 9 grand to go fast, but did say your 6er does. Yes, I have a ZX9 and it's seen past 9 grand quite often. No, I'm not a Harley guy but a motorcycle guy since I have ridden and owned almost every brand made. Nope, never owned a Ducati but rode enough of em to know I don't fit on one. If you are tired of my bullshyt it's because you don't really know what you are talking about or why. Maybe when you grow up or the medication takes effect, you will know the difference. Next time your in Chicago in Dec and Jan and it isn't snowing, lets go for a ride.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:15 AM   #37
SRMark
Founding Member

Air heads are great! Just be sure not to include the K bikes in that list of easy to maintain BMWs. Change an air filter on one and curse BMW for days. Same for the oil filter if you happen to strip one of the filter-cover bolt heads. At least the head sticks out there so valve adjustment is easier, although you have to deal with shims.

For me, the Honda CB700 is the "ride it, forget it" bike of all time. Change the oil, keep air in the tires & grease the splines. Honda can do it right when they want to. I love my ST1100 but I sure hate to work on it. Everything involves body panel removal; valve adjustment is not for the faint of heart. Even the helmet lock is a pain in the ass.

Anybody in favor of a sport-touring, lay-down, in-line, 1,000cc triple with shaft drive and hydraulic adjusters?
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 11:59 AM   #38
bigjames
Premium Member

Default BMW Clutch all you have to do

is simply break the bike in half, disassemble the entire rear of the bike, replace the clutch and reassemble.......my God, that sounds so simple......and if you saw my post on Burns losing it on the Mercedes, you know I DON'T WORK ON IT.

James Allmond

Macon, Ga
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 12:08 PM   #39
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

I ride an electraglide and can keep up with most anybody and when it gets too insane I just let em go. I have crashed a few times over the years and never when I was just taken it easy. Always when I was jacking around. Never hurt so bad that I couldn't get back on and ride home to nurse my wounds, but it usually cost me more than I wanted to fix whichever bike had gone belly up. One of my best wrecks was a long time ago when I ran a country road stop sign and then a german shepard ran out of the ditch chasing a rabbit. I was on my Hodaka at the time (back in 73') and I slammed into that fool dog at 45 mph and went down hitting my hands and forearms into the asphault. I slid quite aways with the dog under the bike. The dog crawled out from the bike and crawled under the fence by the road never to be seen by me again. The rabbit got away and owes me big. A farmer on a tractor rode on by as I was picking up my Hodad and said "That'll teach you to run stop signs". I had a heck of a time picking the tar and gravel out of my palms and forearms. The triple clamp was spit and I rode it from then on wired together with about 10 gauge wire. I ended up selling the Hodaka to a friend's brother who got killed on it playing chicken with a freight train. He was dragged quite a ways from what I heard.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 12:55 PM   #40
jmeyn
Founding Member

Seems like there's a moral or two in there somewhere...
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote