Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-16-2003, 02:26 PM   #61
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati to market V-4s,Sport V-Twins days are numbered

The only large displacement inline 4's that I have riddent where Honda 900RR's and a Yamaha YZF1000. Even though those bikes where fast, they felt like sewing machines on steriods.

Buzzy and smooth.

All my vtwins gave a major kick in the pants.

My greatest thrill was riding a Ducati 900 Superlight (94 I believe) with after market pistions.

Unbelieveable thrust! I know it was only 2 valves per cyclinder, but it was a major hot rod.

I buddy has a 95 Ducati 900 SuperSport which is tricked out. Now.... to convince him to sell it.
Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2003, 04:03 PM   #62
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: KPaul's predictions.

I don't know if you can pigeon hole people like that, someone may flip back and forth between sportbikes and cruisers depending on what catches their eye at the moment. Most of the Harley guys I know also have sportbikes, and alot of sportbike guys like Harleys. I don't think it's accurate to say sportbike riders never ride cruisers or cruiser riders never try sportbikes.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 04:07 PM   #63
merv
Founding Member

Yeah and don't tell her whenever you get a pay rise either.
merv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 04:23 PM   #64
merv
Founding Member

Default Re: v-4 failure?

You seem to have a short memory or are too young? I think the reference would be to AMA Superbike racing, but even in World Superbike, which first started in 1988, the championship was won for the first two years by Fred Merkel riding a Honda RC30 V4. The V-Twin Ducatis were there right from the beginning (and didn't arrive in the class as you claim) with the rules stacked in their favour with weight and capacity advantages. The Ducatis were progressively improved to the point that other competitors using 4 cylinder bikes cried foul and the rules have been slowly changed with 1000cc 4's now allowed. There have only been 4 WSB championships won by 750cc machines and 3 of them were Honda V4's the other was Russell on the Kawasaki in 1993.

V engines of numerous configurations feature highly in motorsport of all sorts 2 strokes or 4, 2 wheels or 4 wheels.

Also it certainly appears that Ducatis V-4 is not a failure in MotoGP.
merv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 05:23 PM   #65
dwindhorst
Founding Member

And this, despite having been building liquid-cooled bikes for, what, at least 17 years now. You'd think that if they were going to give up on air-cooling, they would have already.
dwindhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 10:39 AM   #66
KPaulCook
Banned

Good advice. Been there done that eh?
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 02:48 PM   #67
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

Riding a cruiser is like going to bed with a fat woman.....why bother.
Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 07:40 PM   #68
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default F#ckin Fat Women

I have to say that in my experience, there is little corelation between a woman's size and how good she is in bed. That being said, I do love beautiful women as much as the next guy!

I guess it depends on whether you get more enjoyment from impressing your friends or actually getting laid. Kinda like some guys are more interested in impressing people with their bikes's race wins or ranking in the latest magazine comparison test than in how much they actually enjoy riding the fukin' thing!

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 07:22 PM   #69
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Obviously spoken by someone who has never ridden a cruiser or a fat woman. Cruisers are just as much fun to ride as sportbikes, even on twisty roads. You should try riding one before you rail against them.