Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   MOTUS MST Breaks Cover! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/17733-motus-mst-breaks-cover.html)

acecycleins 03-04-2011 01:24 PM

I like anything that takes technology in a different direction. It's not pretty, but it's pretty cool. I can see a Rocket, V-Max, Daivel competitor coming from that motor and trans. Just sayin.....

The_AirHawk 03-04-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 256560)
So Fox News can have broadcasters?

Well, the OTHER Lib-controlled news agencies have them, why NOT this one?

trenttheuncatchable 03-04-2011 04:08 PM

That front end fairing and the headlights look really ugly to me, even though there's no pic of the bike head-on.

tomgleeson 03-17-2011 03:38 AM

Not so sure about this, I did like the "naked" version though.

tomgleeson 03-17-2011 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 256526)
This looks like an answer to a question nobody was asking.

I think this is the best description of this bike yet.

V2Rider 07-25-2011 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 256560)
So Fox News can have broadcasters?

No, that would be MSNBC. I just read that MSNBC is about to or has just hired the Reverend Al Sharpton to host one of their evening shows. Now there is an a**hole if there ever was one.

As expensive as this will be I figured it would have a shaft drive.

I actually like the Royal Enfield Musket project bike that is on the side of the page with the article. Cool little bike.

seruzawa 07-25-2011 07:52 AM

I'm just glad to see someone paying attention to the weight issue. Imagine a Sport tourer that came in under 700lbs in this day and age.

pushrod 10-11-2011 12:16 PM

Not to resurrect an older thread, but I will...

I saw and heard the two MOTUS prototypes this past weekend at Barber. Then I had a chance to see the bikes, sit on them and talk to the lead engineer at a Bike Night they hosted in Downtown Birmingham.

And I met Alan Cathcart! Very nice chap! But, I digress...

Anyhow, the bike looks very tidy, and rather small. But, when you climb on it, the seated ergo is surprisingly relaxed. I had a lot less knee bend on it than on my Sprint ST. The bars are adjustable for angle and height (within limits, but the engineer told me he is looking at a 'taller' mount). Two powerlet sockets. The instument cluster is still a kluge, but will contain more info than most will want or need.

Bags aren't huge. They look to be the same size as those on my 955 ST. They both will supposedly hold a FF helmet.

The bikes were wearing aftermarket pipes. One has TBRs, and the other had Yoshi's, IIRC. Of course, there is no way the stock bikes will have anything that 'rorty', to use the English term.

How do they sound? The best analogy I could come up with is that the MOTUS sounds like two big Ducati Monsters.

For prototypes, the bikes looked very well put together. They are in the process of building their 'Final' prototype, using the lessons from the two I saw. Apparently they are hoping to offer 100 a year, starting next Fall.

And since you're wondering, the MSRP has not yet been determined. Or, if it has, they are working on how to market them.

Dr_Sprocket 10-11-2011 03:05 PM

I think the Motus could be rather practical... which means it probably won't sell that well. Alas! I'd probably check it out, once the final edition is released.