Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-29-2003, 04:45 AM   #31
layback
Founding Member

Default Re: John Hopkins,The US,and Moto GP

I agree, I wasn't a fan of Hopper until last year when I seen how well he rode the two stroke, but now I hope he does real good, gonna be hard on the Suzuki, unless they can make it a lot better then it is right now.
layback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2003, 06:39 AM   #32
ray1617
Founding Member

1) The GP races would be better if they did have better picture quality. I can only see the races on DTV on Speed which is digital. This I agree>

2) European Commentators are excellent. If I hear another southern accent "you all" I will puke. I want to hear commentatorary with excitement in their voice who know the sport ....not some hick.

3) What is wrong with "foreign"? Your comments tell me why the GP doesn't blossom here in the states. The horns you complain about are at pro football games. No complaints there. Look at the sport and quit worrying about the sounds.

MotoGP is a one of the most exciting sports to watch. The American culture would be open to it if they could see more of the races on a national sport station. ESPN shows women pool competition...yawn, why not more road racing? Are we that small of a minority that we cannot generate a viewing base to justify televising it on national TV? MotoCross gets more coverage!

John Hopkins is wise and I wish the other riders and motorcycle manufactors would take his que to promote and push for a national televised races. What is wrong with Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Ducati, and Aprilla. They would benifit the most don't you think (sales)?

All I am saying it is not the commentators, the horns, or the cowbells....it is a combination of the promoters, motorcycle companies, American televison mentality, and your arrogance that only Americans can comment and explain races to the U.S. The world goes beyond our borders. You came up with one idea out of three that made sense. So try to think outside the box and get to the real issues.

ray1617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 01:53 AM   #33
dardas
Founding Member

Right you are, sir. 1,760. The average joe, you certainly ain't. However, even though you're probably not in an industry that requires such calculations, they are important though, right?
dardas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 12:16 PM   #34
maccasmark
Founding Member

How ironic, Americans not liking the accents and pronunciations of other countries.

It's up to Americans to like the MotoGP as it currently is. Making changes to suit the American public would simply alienate the rest the world - who currently love it the way it is.
maccasmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:23 AM   #35
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Hey man, in America we want bright colors, Busweiser beer commercials, and Darrell Waltrip doing the commentary on our races. It's a winning combination for NASCAR, and it wouldn't be that hard to duplicate for MotoGP. Heck, they could have seperate announcers (basically a completely seperate broadcast) for the signal destined for North America.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:32 AM   #36
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Corser: MotoGP Will Crumble Under Its Own Weight

I would have to agree that Ducati appears poised to give Honda fits of frustration in MotoGP in the near future. Honda may own everything at the moment, but they're running in front of a pack of rabid wolves intent on taking them apart. I wish Nicky was on a Ducati. Then I could root against Honda. Who knows, maybe that Kwak will come out and lay waste to all comers too. I can't wait to see the streetbike.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote