Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Chicago MC Show Impressions (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/1605-chicago-mc-show-impressions.html)

Buzglyd 02-10-2003 04:05 PM

Re: Chicago MC Show Impressions

I did the Long Beach show in December. Honda had two or three Wings to sit on so maybe some dorks dropped them a few too many times and they put them off limits. I'm not crazy about the Rune-way overstyled.

Longride I like the pipes on the Z1000 and the Orange paint. I was kind of thinking one of those would look good in my garage.

Did you check out the Aprilia Tuono at the booth? Sweet ride for sure.

I like the 999 and think it's awesome in person. Very Bullet-train looking. The ST4s with ABS is cool but I'll wait until it's restyled before I part with my ST4.

I understand that Harleys don't leak oil. That's a getaway device after you knock over the toll booth and want to ditch the cops. Real bikers don't pay tolls.

Bike parking at the show was free and of course being SoCal in December we rode of course.

wwalkersd 02-10-2003 04:31 PM

Geez, James, didn't you read the "who is longride" post? Two out of his current three bikes are H-Ds. He's making fun of Harley-bashers. It's a joke, son!

wwalkersd 02-10-2003 04:41 PM

"Victory: Most models displayed in such a way to prevent sitting on, or signs and a person standing there to prevent sitting on."

Whassup with that? At Long Beach, you could sit on anything. Hell, people were sitting on accessorized Vegases (Vegi?) that were up on stands and nobody seemed to care. D'ya suppose they had too much damage by the time they got to Chicago?

I demo'd the Buell XB9S Lightning in Long Beach. The ride was rather too controlled to really get a feel for the bike, but it was certainly tiny, and fun, and felt like it wouldn't be hard to lose my license on. :-)

Neal 02-10-2003 05:58 PM

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder...I went to a small Baltimore show and really liked the looks of the z1000(in orange).It was the closest the Japanese bikes came to the Italian beautys......but I spent most of the time drooling at the Guzzi LeMans...I NEED one.I must admit the ducati 999 is beautiful,but this old beat body is way past that stage. its funny,the Victory guy almost FORCED me on a dressed out flamed job,even aftwer I told him I wasnt in the market.....I must fit the profile. Most of the ice around my garage is melted.....but the next cold wave is coming,i may never ride again!!!!

sarnali 02-10-2003 06:41 PM

Yeah, the Victory guys did the same with us, almost picked us up and put us on the bikes, I thought it was cool, but the Speed Triple had my name all over it, I thought the Kawasaki looked better in person, too. I could have walked out of there with 1/2 a dozen bikes, The $15 hot dog and coke was a bit much.

rsheidler 02-11-2003 06:04 AM

I bet what happened was that the Chicago organizers heard about what a pain in the ass the MOridians were at Long Beach and Seattle, and on learning that Longride, Ken, Scott and others were planning on attending the ChiTown show, decided a change in policy was in order.

Bob

sarnali 02-11-2003 02:14 PM

I do recall them checking our names against a master list,,,,, Hmmm