Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-10-2010, 05:53 AM   #1
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool It's starting already,...

Ducati Confirms Stoner To Honda
Friday, July 09, 2010
This just in:

PRESS RELEASE
Friday Jul 09 2010PRESS RELEASE

Bologna

Ducati and Stoner to part company at the end of 2010 after four fantastic years together

The Valencia Grand Prix on November 7th 2010 will be the event that concludes four years of extraordinary collaboration between Ducati and Casey Stoner. An important relationship characterized by a strong reciprocal esteem and many victories, among which the first MotoGP World Title for both the Italian manufacturer and the Australian rider.

Stoner arrived in Ducati in 2007 and, riding the Desmosedici GP7 that was making its debut in the new 800cc category, he took his first victory in the very first race, embarking on a path that would lead to the world title later in that same year and many more successes during subsequent seasons.

Ducati would like to thank Casey Stoner, who has decided to undertake a new challenge, with gratitude and affection that will always remain.

"I would like to thank Casey on behalf of our fans and our sponsors, but most of all on behalf of all the people working at Ducati," commented Filippo Preziosi, Ducati Corse General Director. "The victories and emotions he gave us, rewarded all the hard work and sacrifice we made. In these four years together we have had a lot of great moments. Securing the 2007 MotoGP World Championship title and the victory at Mugello in 2009 were moments that we will never forget. In Casey we not only found an incredibly talented rider, but also an honest and loyal guy and that's why there will always be a strong and sincere bond between us, even as a competitor."

"I must thank Ducati for giving me such a great opportunity to race and win with them over these past four years" commented Casey Stoner. "They took a gamble when they signed me at the end of 2006 as I was unknown, but as we worked together we were able to win a Championship, many races and challenge for the Championship in the last two seasons. I have now decided to move on and I will have new challenges in the future and different obstacles to overcome, but I will not forget these years with Ducati and the people I have had the privilege to work so closely with. So a big thanks to Ducati and all our sponsors who we have shared success with while achieving lifelong goals

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2010, 07:07 AM   #2
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

So is Stoner ditching them for more $$, or is Ducati moving on without him due to results?
Old 07-10-2010, 07:17 AM   #3
acecycleins
Founding Member

The Honda has better top end speed. It's actually a great bike. It's not too unlike the decision of Rossi's move to Yamaha. Going to the new scenery.

Last edited by acecycleins : 07-10-2010 at 08:10 AM.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:35 AM   #4
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Making way for Rossi hopefully.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Three years removed from a championship and sayonara! What the...?!

Of course, Rossi IS one of the best, if not THE best MotoGP rider of all time.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #6
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Jesus and Moses were up in Heaven and bored.

Suddenly, Jesus says "I've got an idea" and they both appear on the main straightaway at Laguna Seca. Jesus points his finger and materializes a Yamaha and a Ducati Moto GP bike. He points at Moses and ZAP! Moses is in Stoner's Racing leathers. Points his finger at himself and he is suddenly head to toe in Rossi's Racing leathers.

Moses says "Jesus, what are you doing?" Jesus says, "Come on, we're bored, this will be fun!" They start off on the bikes, Moses on the Ducati and Jesus on the Yamaha. It takes a few laps to build speed and confidence and coming out of turn 11 onto the straight Jesus falls back and lets Moses get a good lead. He nails the Yamaha and catches Moses at the entrance to turn 2, tries to pass on the outside, loses it, highsides into next-week and the Yamaha crashes into the fence on the outside exit of the turn and bursts into flames! Moses rides the remainder of the course and comes to a stop on the front straight.

Jesus is back to the straight by now, and points his finger and BAM! materializes another Yamaha MotoGP bike. Moses says to Jesus "This is ridiculous, these things are F'n scary, and I'm not having any fun!" Jesus responds "Come on, just a little longer, I saw Vale pull that move on Stoner here in '08 and I know I can do it."

Grudgingly, Moses nods his head and they start off. Again, after several laps Jesus lets Moses pull a big lead on the straight, pins the throttle on the Yamaha and again attempts a very high speed pass on Moses on the outside of turn 2. Jesus loses control, the bike once-more highsides him, cartwheels over the fence, and splashes-down in the middle of the small lake in the center of Laguna Seca!

Moses stops his Duc, Jesus hops the fence and goes over to the lake. At that moment, a Custodian who has heard all the racket comes out from the main garage area and walks over to Moses stopped at the exit of turn 2, still in full leathers and sitting on the Ducati.

Right as he gets to Moses he looks over and there is Jesus walking on top of the lake looking down for the Yamaha. He remains silent for a few seconds after staring at Jesus walking on the lake surface, then turns to Moses and says "Who the hell does that guy think he is, Jesus Christ?!"

Moses lightly shakes his head and drily responds "He is Jesus Christ - he thinks he's Valentino Rossi".
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #7
acecycleins
Founding Member

Share that on Crash
Old 07-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #8
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Share that on Crash
Go ahead - it's not "my" joke.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:07 AM   #9
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Stoner clearly needs a change. Maybe going to a new team and bike will get his head out of his ass.

And, of course, the entire Itailian nation wants to see Val on a Duc.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #10
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Three years removed from a championship and sayonara! What the...?!

Of course, Rossi IS one of the best, if not THE best MotoGP rider of all time.
Iv seen past champion riders get sacked quicker then that. Back in the day.