Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-07-2010, 05:36 AM   #1
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Rossi predicts top 5 finish.

Reports: Rossi To Ride Tomorrow At Misano?
by dean adams
Tuesday, July 06, 2010
Reports from Europe have it that injured reigning world champion Valentino Rossi will test a Yamaha R1 at Misano tomorrow in an effort to evaluate where his level of fitness is presently. This, roughly thirty days after having his tibia and fibula broken and poking through his flesh.

If there is one tenet of Rossi-watching it's that the normal rules simply don't apply, and that he can summon from himself the ability to pass where there is no room, to win when winning seems almost impossible; abilities that at times border on the supernatural. Does this extend to dramatically shorter healing periods as well?

Only scant information on Rossi's injury and the type of repair that was performed were ever released. Reportedly, Rossi suffered a compound fracture of the tibia and a fracture of the fibula. Some reports have the broken bone protruding not just through the flesh, but into Rossi's leathers which may signify a major break. Yamaha press had it that the surgeon fixed the break with a single pin, which may infer a relativity minor break.

USAToday reported that the surgeon who performed the surgery on Rossi said it was the worst break he'd ever repaired and that he did not expect Rossi to return to racing in 2010.

This will be big news if he doesn't return this year. Gone are the days of riders like Kevin Schwantz riding with broken bones.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 07-16-2010 at 09:14 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2010, 06:29 AM   #2
MOKE1K
Registered Member

I remember after Assen Kevin being shown mounting the bike on crutches.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
acecycleins
Founding Member

Super-human or insane- glad he's rattling cages.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Maybe he's sleeping in an oxegen-rich high-pressure barametric chamber. Or eating Wheaties.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:01 PM   #5
MOKE1K
Registered Member

My father recently spent some time in one of those oxygen tanks. Said it made him sick most of the time.

I am seriously starting to think he's not going to even come back this year.Other articles Iv read say he shattered both bones severely. And trust me they are hard to heel back properly. Hope he makes it back for at least a couple rounds.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:20 PM   #6
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Update!!!

MotoGP: Yamaha's Rossi Wants To Ride Sachsenring
Wednesday, July 07, 2010
This just in:Superbikplanet.com

Misano, Italy

Wednesday 7th July 2010*

VALENTINO ROSSI COMPLETES TEST AT MISANO

Fiat Yamaha Team rider Valentino Rossi today rode a motorcycle for the first time since breaking his right leg at Mugello on 5th June. He rode a total of 26 laps at Misano on a YZF-R1 WSB machine, provided by the Yamaha World Superbike Team, and recorded a best time of 1'38.200.

Rossi did an initial run of 11 laps at 18.30 CET with a best time of 1'41.000, then a second run of 15 laps at 19.45 CET with a best time of 1'38.200 (unofficial times).

The reigning World Champion was able to ride well but he had some pain in his leg and his shoulder. He will now continue with an updated rehabilitation programme and make a decision within the next week as to whether he will ride at the German Grand Prix at Sachsenring, in ten days time.

"We made this test in order to understand how we must work from here and to see more or less how I can ride the bike," said Rossi. "The test was positive, because I can at least ride, but there is a lot more to a MotoGP race than to a test like this one. I had some pain in the ankle, the knee and the shoulder, but above all I lacked strength in the shoulder and a bit of movement in the ankle. I would really like to come back at Sachsenring, but it is still too early to say. We still have twelve days and we must wait and see how much we can improve my condition in the next few days. The Superbike today was good and great fun to ride! I really would like to ride at Sachsenring, but we must wait another week before making a decision."

There is no way Rossi will ride in Germany, and if he does he'll be in the back! That'd be my prediction. Like he said himself riding around on a track and racing are two different things. Completely different!

Right before things went really bad,....
Old 07-09-2010, 02:33 AM   #7
sana007
Registered Member

Nothing worthy to say Then don't post!!!

Last edited by MOKE1K : 07-09-2010 at 05:35 AM.
sana007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #8
MOKE1K
Registered Member

MotoGP: Rossi Unsure of Sachsenring Return
Monday, July 12, 2010

And if not Sachsenring, perhaps Laguna Seca, young Jedi?
This just in:Superbikeplanet!

ROSSI TESTS AGAIN IN BRNO

Valentino Rossi today completed a second day of testing, this time at Brno in the Czech Republic, in order to better understand his physical condition following the broken leg he sustained at Mugello five weeks ago. He once again rode a Yamaha YZF-R1 machine, provided by the Yamaha World Superbike Team to the Fiat Yamaha Team

Rossi completed 46 laps with a best time of 1'59.135. Following today's positive test he will now wait for a final medical check on Wednesday before making a decision about riding at Sachsenring. Wataru Yoshikawa, who stood in for Rossi at the last round in Catalunya, is travelling to Germany and has been entered as a substitute rider once again.

Yamaha awaits Valentino's final personal decision as to when he feels ready to ride again. Yamaha's priority is a full recovery to fitness for Valentino rather than a quick comeback.

If Valentino decides to ride in Germany, he will need final approval from the FIM Chief Medical Officer before he can participate in a Grand Prix.

The Fiat Yamaha Team would like to express their thanks to the Yamaha Italia World Superbike Team for their support and help in providing this bike for Valentino to ride during this period.

"Today was good, I felt better than in Misano but I still feel quite tired after a few laps and a race will be a much bigger question. We haven't made the final decision yet, I need to have some more x-rays on Wednesday and then my doctors and I will consider whether I can ride at Sachsenring. Once I'd understood my physical condition today, I had great fun riding the R1 and even did some work on the settings! I want to say a big thank you to the WSB Team for staying on here another day and making this test possible for me."
Old 07-13-2010, 06:04 AM   #9
acecycleins
Founding Member

You know, guys on "other" forums are whining that he should be on a GP bike. My question is: Why? Simply, the guy is testing his fitness not the bikes. GP rules prevent him from doing test in a manner that would benefit him and the WSBK team prpbably cost less to keep at the track than it would be to load the truck with bikes and crew from the GP team. So, what's the big deal about him being on the R1?
Old 07-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #10
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
You know, guys on "other" forums are whining that he should be on a GP bike. My question is: Why? Simply, the guy is testing his fitness not the bikes. GP rules prevent him from doing test in a manner that would benefit him and the WSBK team prpbably cost less to keep at the track than it would be to load the truck with bikes and crew from the GP team. So, what's the big deal about him being on the R1?

That sounds like a waste of time, some of the people on these forums are ridiculous and argue about the dumbest things for hours on end.