Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-18-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
lachoppers
Registered Member

Default great deals this weekend

Save 15% off this weekend at Motorcycle Parts and Accessories by Baron Custom Accessories for your Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, or Harley Davidson and Motorcycle Parts and Accessories by LA Choppers for your Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, or Harley Davidson . Enter "yourdad15" at checkout
lachoppers is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
banggood
Registered Member

Thanks for your share.
banggood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:30 AM   #3
jeff10236
Registered Member

Hmm, both websites are exactly the same (even the same customer service phone number) other than the name, and this is a user's first post. Is this someone who actually wants to share a good deal he found, or a company rep trying to post an ad without paying for advertising? Hmm, hard to tell
jeff10236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:40 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

As long as they don't spam I don't care. One post is a gimmee.

It's kind of funny seeing this genius marketing technique that's so popular. Why not just say, "Check out my website!"? It'd be honest. But a lot of people feel the need to be sneaky.

Isn't "Great deals on choppers" oxymoronic anyhow?
Old 06-20-2010, 08:17 AM   #5
jeff10236
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
As long as they don't spam I don't care. One post is a gimmee.

It's kind of funny seeing this genius marketing technique that's so popular. Why not just say, "Check out my website!"? It'd be honest. But a lot of people feel the need to be sneaky.

Isn't "Great deals on choppers" oxymoronic anyhow?
I just thought it was kind of funny, who do they think they are fooling? So, I figured I'd get my taunting in. I agree with your point, I'd much rather they just say "hey, I've got this website and I think I am giving a good deal, check it out" than try to pass it off as if they were just some guy who happened to find it and wants to pass along their great find. The first, I'd actually consider doing if I had a business (or put it in my sig, both dependent on the rules of a particular forum of course), and as a customer, I'll check it out and possibly buy. The second, usually leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth and I may look, but I have never bought from someone doing that yet.

Edit: On re-examining the OP, I don't think they were trying to pull anything other than getting free advertising. He is using the name of one of the websites as his user name so there is no deception. I was paying more attention to the wording of the post originally, which I guess could go either way (it didn't say "look what I found" but it wasn't quite saying "we are having a sale" either). I still don't think I'll buy from them- if it was a forum without ads it wouldn't bother me, but this forum has ads so I don't think I want to buy from someone trying to get around having to pay.

Last edited by jeff10236 : 06-20-2010 at 08:25 AM.
jeff10236 is offline   Reply With Quote